The Dark King and the Lightning Tower Question

Justin Kase

I was just listening to the Audio Book again, and was at the part when Dorn is in Malacor's private quarters and there are 3 paintings hanging on the wall.

I figure the first is the Mona Lisa

The second sounds like Van Gough's Sunflowers Maybe this one - though there are a good number to choose from

I am at a loss for the third one - my best guess is the Rembrandt self portrait as seen here

Opinions? Or any better guess as to that last one?

Sorry, I know it is a bit silly, but it is one of those things that's going to bug me :D

I tried using searchy in this forum and googled discussions on the book - but there are so many other interesting things in the audio novel, that this never seems to come up. Or, maybe it is just obvious to everyone else ;)

Thanks for any guesses ;)

Well, they also talk about how the Emperor would take the guise of advisor, leader, great inventor, etc., through the ages, to help guide humanity along. When I had read that (I don't recall where it was, maybe in Rogue Trader days), I had always pictured the Emperor as Davinci :) So, the secret that the Mona Lisa knows, well, she knows who the Emperor is :P

I would also agree that with all of history to choose from, it is a bit odd to think 3 paintings would all be from such a relatively short span of time. But, the way they describe them, it seems like we are expected to recognize them.

Here are the actual lines (hoping this doesn't violate any rules):

The smoke pale portrait of woman with the most curious smile, garish yellow flowers rendered in thick paint, and the unflinching rheumy gaze of an old fleshy man cast in shadow, tobacco brown.

At least he didn't have a Velvet Elvis hanging in a stasis field.

..along with a painting of an obviously royal persona with a pompadour coiffure painted upon blackened soft pile fabric.

as seen here

I think...You just broke 40k.

SOOOO, we ACTAULLY figured out the Emperor was one of the best artist of there time, and LIKED the music of Elvis...THAT IS WIN.

I'd love to image the Emperor singing in his hair brush with his iPod on!

..and we all know the urban legend of The King dieing at his throne.... little did we realize he'd be at that Golden Throne for so many years.

"Now be a good Custodes and fetch papa a peanut butter and banna sandwich. Thankyouverymuch."

Archived