Pure Tzeentch army..

djkest

So I ran across this guy at the tournament yesterday, playing a mono-tzeentch army. I grabbed a copy of his list (with permission) and here it is:

1750 points

Blue Scribes

3x Herald on Chariot, we are legion, master of sorcery, bolt of tzeentch, chariot

3x 3 flamers

9 Horrors w/ bolt

9 Horrors w/ bolt

9 Horrors w/ bolt and changeling

3x Demon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Demonic Gaze, Bolt

So with the scribes, that is up to 11 bolts per turn... pretty crazy, plus at least 18 shots from demonic gaze.

Interesting note to this army, he played against someone running 20 nob bikers and 30 boys on foot. 10 Unique models. Painboy. Well, I guess he discovered the antidote for the "Nob Biker list" poison, which is flamers. Lets see, hits 3-4 bikers, wounds on a 4+ with no armor or cover saves? Ignores FnP with AP 1? Pretty good stuff. Blue scribes can fire off a breath of chaos also.

Also I did think that Flamers would be good against terminators and especially plague marines.

Anywho, the guy was supposed to be almost unbeatable, but he lost soundly to the mono-tzeentch list, which pushed him out of the winner's circle. The mono-tzeentch list didn't win the tournament though. I guess it's not great against everything.

Guy who got 2nd overall was running a khorne/ nurgle list with 2 GUO, 20 plaguebearers, 20 bloodletters, 7 bloodcrushers, and 3 soul grinders with phlegm. Best general might have been the Khorne/Tzeentch list (I have both of their army lists).

The 3 units of flamers are very nice against certain armies, I think if I ran pure tzeentch this would be my list.

Blue scribes are easy to kill, and somewhat unpredictable, but they could most definately earn their points back with a good deployment and some key shots. Potentially 2 bolts or breaths could be huge.

Archived