Old Crazy eyes

Solax

Yeah eyes are a real pain to get the hang off. I usually get one eye loking good and the other is crap :lol: . But as for the Sallies, you realise now in the fluff they have jet black skin with glowing red eyes. That would make it much easier for you to paint as you only need to paint the eyes red rather then haveing to put a black dot in there.

Oh god I remember when I started painting eyes. Started with my guardsmen...looked like they were all freaking out.

It's not a bad attempt you got there. The left eye just might need some redoing. But like Maddog said, Sallies now have jet black skin and red eyes, no more need for pupils if you're going with the new fluff.

Also just to mention the teeth, with darker skin models i use a 3:1 mix Bleached bone : Skull White just so they are not so shiney!

when I first started doing eyes with my shakey hands, I painted them before painting the skin (just so I could cover up my mistakes with a line of flesh)

Yeah eyes are a real pain to get the hang off. I usually get one eye loking good and the other is crap <_< . But as for the Sallies, you realise now in the fluff they have jet black skin with glowing red eyes. That would make it much easier for you to paint as you only need to paint the eyes red rather then haveing to put a black dot in there.

Horrible, horrible retcon that IMO should be ignored by all true Sallies players. :rolleyes:

Had to turn the humanitarian chapter into Dunmer, grr...

Anyway yea eyes are a pain but that's not so bad. A lot of people I know just don't bother even trying to do the eyes.

lol Samuel L. Jackson.

WHAT AIN'T NO PLANET I EVER HEARD OF... DO THEY SPEAK TZEENTCH ON WHAT?

I like him! I like his crazy eyes... it gives him a comedic air. I give all of my units in my army helmets so that I can avoid doing faces, that's better than I could have done.

Oh god I remember when I started painting eyes. Started with my guardsmen...looked like they were all freaking out.

If anything, that seems a more appropriate way to paint Guardsmens eyes :lol:

lol Samuel L. Jackson.

WHAT AIN'T NO PLANET I EVER HEARD OF... DO THEY SPEAK TZEENTCH ON WHAT?

I like him! I like his crazy eyes... it gives him a comedic air. I give all of my units in my army helmets so that I can avoid doing faces, that's better than I could have done.

exactly what came into my head :)

• 2 weeks later...
Horrible, horrible retcon that IMO should be ignored by all true Sallies players. dry.gif

Had to turn the humanitarian chapter into Dunmer, grr...

Well sure you would avoid it if you think of them as dunmer, dunmer are useless versions of the true badasses the Drow. Hell ya GO DROW SPACE MARINE ARMIES!! .... pure death

There is something magical that makes that face hilarious. The right eye is all serious insane killer and the left eye is all wacky, sledge hammer to the side of the head, nutjob. And then the smile is the topper, like a its-been-five-minutes-snap-the-picture-already forced smile in a family christmas photo. A million painters working a million years could not reproduce that magic.

Don't you dare touch a thing. Best face ever. :)

Edit: Hope you don't mind my new avatar. That face just makes me so happy.

Archived