Possible new DIY chapter

Stefoserpent

As some of you might know , I am working on a Blood Angels 8th Company , so I have been painting red for a really long time ( and there are many models to be completed ).

Furthermore , I ordered 2 Red Scorpion Veteran Upgrade packs , so I have 20 MKIV torsos and shoulder pads with scorpion sumbols. Also I really like yellow. These facts , and the new awesome Space Marine Codex... So , I am thinking to start a new army , or at least do something with the Red Scorpion bits.

This is how I am thinking to paint them:

spacemarine.jpg

A white base coat and then Golden Yellow with Sunburst yellow for the highlights.

I would like your opinion , and maybe a different recipe for yellow. The ideal color would be something similar to Luke's McFarlane Space Marine Veteran ( White Dwarf 350 , February 2009 , page 91 )

spacemarine.jpg

You could do it like this. It's sort of fashioned after the Greek Hoplites, who wore featureless abdomen, codpiece, and upper leg armor and leather beneath the bright cuirass and greaves. Of course you would match the yellow more to your liking, but this would certainly differentiate them from the Imperial Fists.

This seems interesting , however , after reading this article , I decided to do something more special : an arctic themed army with snow and heavy battle damage. :)

So , I will paint them Catachan green with some brown details and then add this snow effect. What do you think ?

Oh , and about the name , Arctic Scorpions sounds nice to me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So , I have started the army , and I have made one custom Sternguard Veteran . He is not painted yet , but I will soon finish him.

Now , about the color , I will do an arctic - themed army , and the basic scheme will be the following :

spacemarine.jpg

For the power armor : Chaos Black -> Catachan Green -> Catachan Green + Commando Khaki.

The red / orange parts : Chaos Black -> Bestial Brown + Red Gore -> Red Gore -> Blood red -> Blood red and Blazing Orange .

Then , I will follow the weathering method I mentioned above , so they will look as if they were exposed to ice / snow. :drool:

Do you like this scheme?

an ice themed army, eh? A bit like space wolves...

hmmm...

spacemarine.jpg

If it's an ice themed army, you might want Modern Military ice Camoflage, like one of the other Marine Chapters

http://www.funandenergy.com/sitebuilder/images/Camouflage-Ice-536x590.jpg

I hope my input has helped

In Vulkan's Name!!!

Arenis

I honestly cannon decide how to paint the models... I tried the winter camouflage and the results were....horrible..( Its time for some brake fluid..)

So , this idea is no longer acceptable :devil:

And I made this scheme...

spacemarine.jpg

What do ya think?

lol , I noticed that :devil:

Then..would you kindly offer me some inspiration? I am interested in silver , brown , black and generally dark colors. Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Krieg , this scheme looks nice , but I dont have the required materials...

spacemarine.jpg

I think this color scheme looks great.. except it's the same color scheme as the Iron Knights. But I'm always a fan anything with metallic. Just for kicks, do you have Tin Bitz? I always wondered what that would look like as power armor?? O.o

• 5 weeks later...

Nope , I dont have Tin Bitz and I dont think I will find at all....

So , I tried the Metallic scheme , I had some decent results but some days ago I decided to make some Imperial fist ( after seeing this tutorial ...) I unpainted the models....

And I painted them yellow. I added a snow base but they dont look good...I am really disappointed cause I spend my entire weekend for nothing....

So here I am , back to the beggining....I still decided what to do , I am just experimenting with some leftovers from blood angels ( I actually had a whole tactical squad in my bits box.... ). I paint them , I un- paint them...Trying to create some decent models...but I guess I m still a medium level painter....

So , I would be really grateful if you could give me some advice. I want an army that will look cool on snow bases . My vision is an Daemonhunter Auxiliary force of space marines , or something like that. Maybe a deep gray color ?

I have a photo of my first attempt. He is an Sternguard veteran. ( he is not finished and the base lacks snow...) The model is now un painted..I really like this guy and I want to make some professional work on him. I will take some pictures of the IF asap.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3986/dsc01715r.jpg

**EDIT**

I took some photos of the IF ( he is not finished.. )

http://fc23.deviantart.com/fs44/i/2009/099/1/3/Imperial_Fists_WIP_by_Stefoserpent.jpg

http://fc35.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/099/7/0/Imperial_Fists_WIP_2_by_Stefoserpent.jpg

I think all the schemes you've posted are decent - but they all look like kissing cousins to another chapter ;)

Well, with 1,000 chapters out there, it's gonna be tough to come up with a one-of-a-kind color scheme! ;)

Archived