Emperor's Children Leadership?

Captain Tezdal

Personally, I favor the IAs. The Horus Heresy series has been wildly inconsistent in regards to quality, and occasionally flat-out silly.

Frankly, though I haven't read Fulgrim, I'd wonder if it's just that we don't see the other Lords Commander.

What parts of the Horus Heresy series are you thinking of Octavulg? I think considering the detail invovled, and the number of writers taking part, they've corroborated each other remarkably well.

But, this could be to do with the regular meetings that take place in Alan Merrett's nuclear bunker, existing 2 miles underneath the north pole ;)

Merrett and Abnett have also gone on record to say that, concerning the Horus Heresy only (my bold, to emphasise that it only applys to this) the book series should be regarded as a canon source for the events happening. Remembering of course that we are talking about events happening 10,000 years previously, and the revisionist nature of history itself.

To be honest though I don't think it really matters which source you regard as canon - if you came up with anything similar to them at a game or for your force composisition, they would both be acceptable.

Reading through the old IA: EC, every company was led by a Lord Commander, but in the novel "Fulgrim" there seems to be only two LC's, Eidolon and Vespasian, is there any consensus on which is more "canon" or what?

Why do you conclude that because only Eidolon and Vespasian are named in the story they're the only Lord Commanders in Fulgrim's Legion?

Lucius the eternal did become a lord commander eventually. i like to believe that IA is canon and the HH novels are just fleshing it out (except descent of angels, legion, and battle for the abyss which all go against fluff or are just plain c*@p)

Reading through the old IA: EC, every company was led by a Lord Commander, but in the novel "Fulgrim" there seems to be only two LC's, Eidolon and Vespasian, is there any consensus on which is more "canon" or what?

Why do you conclude that because only Eidolon and Vespasian are named in the story they're the only Lord Commanders in Fulgrim's Legion?

well in the IA the EC had 30 company's each led by a Lord Commander, in Fulgrim, Tarvitz, Solomon and Lucius each seem to lead company's, with no mention of any other LC's

What parts of the Horus Heresy series are you thinking of Octavulg? I think considering the detail invovled, and the number of writers taking part, they've corroborated each other remarkably well.

Much of the motivation for the Heresy itself appears to rely on the Primarchs being actively stupid (even moreso than in the old canon). They trust the Chaos Gods and the Eldar - when everything they have been taught should lead them to do the exact opposite.

Added to this, "The Phoenician"? Whoever came up with that deserves lashes. Lots of them.

Archived