Mechanicum Questions

Custodian Athiair

Another question. Why were the Dark Mechanicus so determined to capture Zeth's city intact? It seemed like all the other cities they didn't care, but the assassin mentioned the Melgator (or Kelbor-Hal) wanted the city relatively undamaged. Is it this Akashic Reader thingy, the Noosphereic whatever(still trying to figure how that works), or something else?

I would assume it was the noospheric thingy. After all, it was relatively immune to the scrapcode virus, they'll want to get hold of it to find out why. After all, it's a bit of a bummer to have been perfecting your techno-virus for however many years, only to find out your enemy has found an antidote/protection the day before you unleash it. :lol:

I would assume it was the noospheric thingy. After all, it was relatively immune to the scrapcode virus, they'll want to get hold of it to find out why. After all, it's a bit of a bummer to have been perfecting your techno-virus for however many years, only to find out your enemy has found an antidote/protection the day before you unleash it. :jaw:

That, my friend, is what we call hitting the lottery big-time :lol:

2) The Imperial Fists were they in gold armour? Yes. After they were split into the Crimson Fists and Black Templars, they adopted the symbolic heraldic gold (yellow).

Well, in heraldic jargon, yellow is called "gold". Also applying gold paint over bear metal could give a gold appearance.

3) It mentions also that Rogal Dorn was the leading Commander of the loyal legions is that true or did i read it wrong?

In the earlier books it was mentioned Dorn got ordered back to Earth. Being the highest military officer around Terra and Mars, I guess he was in charge. Later, after the Eisenstein's crew reached Terra, he took command of all loyalist armies. Remember Guilliman was far away, locked in a war with the Word Bearers and could not be contacted and Dorn was also mentioned as having been a possible "Warmaster"

4) Is the book before Fulgrim or is it just me because Istaan V hasn't happened yet becuase Rogal Dorn talks about sending people there?

Well, anyway, with the Mechanicum in open revolt, I guess something should have happened. BTW, the books are not chronological, are they? Fulgrim spans all of the first three. Flight of the Eisenstein even more. Even then Mechanicum's timeline is hazy at best. Dahlia's team spends months working on the Reader...

5) Everyone says that the 3 loyal legions getting hammered at Istaan V was the Emperors fault but because (according to Mechanicum) he was under ground and left command of his legions to Dorn (answer question above) then surely it was Dorns fault?

Euhm, you could say Ferrus Manus attacked too early, to get back at Fulgrim. In doing so he exposed the first three legions to too big a punishment...

6) How did the Dark Mechanicum lose? They outnumbered, outgunned and out forged them so how the hell did they lose?

Given the fact Horus launches his assault on the Imperial palace from Mars, I guess they just didn't lose. Also note Sigismund 'rescues' the new Fabricator General from Mars along with the new Astartes plate...

10) What is the point in the Guardian of the Dragon? it did say but i couldn't make sense of it.

Making sure the Dragon does not wake up?

Archived