Ordo Xenos and Ordo Hereticus allies question

xa0s

I just went thru the WH 'dex and I noticed in the allies section about the WH -MAY- be allied with other Ordos. So, with that assumption, does this mean Ordo Xenos would be legal in the tournament or not? In terms of the Deathwatch PDF SM squad.

The DW PDF has been removed from most GW websites. (As of this writing, it appears to be available on the GW Oz site only.)

The problem with the DW PDF rules is that they rely heavily on the previous edition of the Space Marines codex. The PDF requires considerable house-ruling to remain usable, and most events are simply disallowing it from now on.

Most of what the DW Kill Team was has been converted into the new Marine Sternguard. In fact, most players who want to play a Xenos force do so by playing Codex Marines led by Pedro Kantor as a "counts as" Deathwatch Captain, thus turning the Sternguard ("counts as" Deathwatch Kill Teams) into scoring units.

Ok, in this case, -can- the BA codex have the IWH -and- the Sternguards/Pedro Kantor (count as Deathwatch squad/Sgt) at the same time or not? Fluffy, Sternguards are the Ordo Xenos but technically, they are SM 'dex based ??

Ok, in this case, -can- the BA codex have the IWH -and- the Sternguards/Pedro Kantor (count as Deathwatch squad/Sgt) at the same time or not? Fluffy, Sternguards are the Ordo Xenos but technically, they are SM 'dex based ??

;) Er ...

It has never been possible to ally Blood Angels (or any other variant Marines codex) and standard Codex: Space Marines armies.

And it isn't possible now.

You can play BA and ally in units from the WH codex.

OR

You can play SM and ally in units from the WH codex.

But you cannot play BA and ally in anything from any other army that isn't DH or WH. The Inquisitorial codexes are the only codexes still universally "legal" that have allying rules. As I noted earlier, the old Deathwatch PDF rules are effectively dead these days.

The closest thing to to what you seem to want is to field two seperate armies, one of BA and one of codex marines, which is not always practical in lower point games and may be something you need to bring to the attention of potential opponents.

xa0s Posted Today, 08:19 PM

To follow up what number6 said, are you thinking you could take allied WH and then choose allied Space Marines as part of the allied WH contingent?

If so, the 1) Sternguard and HQs cannot be selected by the DH/WH, and 2) there is a specific rule that if you take allied DH/WH in another army, such a contingent may not include any allied Space Marines or Inducted IG.

Ahh, I'm just looking for a way to ensure I get to play with my Ordo Xenos 10-men squad I have in my possession, legally. Just have a very strong affinity towards the Ordo Xenos branch. So far, Sternguards are the best "count as" and to my great reluctance, I may have to go SM dex in order to play with the Inquisition. Of course that's with the SM as the Parent to ally with the DH/WH.

Thanks for your time and further clarification.

Archived