Harking back to 2nd Edition?

darth_giles

Anyone else noticed that the current ForgeWorld Chaos Legion kits are harking back to the 2nd edition look and feel, particularly with the World Eaters?

Good thing? Bad thing? Indifferent?

Personally, I like the variety. I've got a mess of old metals stripping right now that I'm going to integrate into what should end up being a Night Lords army.

yep its more or less a fusion of the 2ed and 3ed dex . Personally I dont like it , because unlike in the 2ed w40k is no longer a skirmish game with base games being played at 1750-2k pts and I really really hated the 3ed dex . It made no sense fluff wise [remember khorn "blood priests" :lol: what was JJ thinking] and it wasnt really good pure powerwise .

:self edit: no wait , you mean the models . No aside for the dread non of the stuff used is 2ed. zerkers and the legions stuff is 3ed or 4th depending when the box were sold. But most of the stuff was made with 4th in mind. I dont see many old oblits or old raptor .

I love forge world's Plague Marines and in generally the nods the new Chaos models are giving to the older editions of the game. I really like what they did with the new Daemons to be honest, especially the Khorne ones. Now back to the Plague Marines the cracced armour, German gas mask and tubing look is so much cooler than the ugly current metal models with their saggy lumps of... flesh I guess you would call it.

I think it a good thing to bring back the old school look as you said with the FW Death Guards compaired to say the Metal onces or the Khorne Bezerker (though the plastic T face helmet the coolist & most use part for me from the current box set).

I have alway been a fan of John Blanch work from the 2nd Ed codex chaos (was also show in UKWD 202) which really got me into chaos, also the other art work from those day was ace & it nice to see that sort of image return in the 4th Ed codex chaos. As said got to be good seeing the old school way coming back out in the models.

It keep me inspired to build & paint my Iron Warriors/chaos space marine in general :P

Wish the bring back some of the 2nd Ed image from the codex into the models/new kits :)

On that note if you want to get any idea for 2nd Ed style of Khorne Bezerker, might want to check out the memeber called Teethgrinder. All his models in the Khorne army are inspired from the 2nd Ed days useing all the current plastic kits.

IP

Archived