GenCon 2009

Rindaris

One thing I noticed at last years GenCon was a distinct lack of 40k. Yeah, I know there will be nothing official thanks to the close proximity (location + time) of a GamesDay. But I was thinking that mayhaps we could have a B&C get-together there.

Anyone interested?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to GenCon, but i'm new here at B&C, having just picked up the game from AOBR in February. :) Hoping to have my miniscule force painted by that time, but I'm interested in hanging out and learning some things. :lol:

Gencon is fun!!!

But given the number of activities and companies in attendence, I don't bring my 40k armies, but rather sample the new games that are available.

But a B&C get together would be fun!

Robyn

I go to GenCon yearly since '05.

My buddy and I had an apoc game of my Orks vs his IG last year in the main gaming hotel.. I forget which one, but it looks like a damned hive city on the inside, and is directly connected to the center via skyways...

There's a distinct lack of any GW gaming due to a huge fallout GW supposedly had years ago with the peeps from GenCon.

Doesn't prevent people from starting stuff though.

If you're serious about it, why not run something?

In any event, My pilgrimage is due to seeing friends, but I'm always up to meeting new people.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll definitely be doing one of those painting events, and hitting up people for advice on how to do things. ;) I'm a horrible artist, but each marine I paint just gets better and better. :)

• 4 months later...
Will GW have a booth or other presence at GenCon Indy 2009?

No, and they haven't for years.

The only presence they will have is HQ employees that travel out there on their own dime and for their own enjoyment. I know as I ride out there with em.

To be honest there is pretty much zero GW stuff anywhere at Gencon and the fan run events in the past have been so dodgey its shameful.

So I have little to any of my army painted. 5 tac guys and 1 dreadnought. I'm moving into an apartment of my own, however, with a whole room set up for DnD Gaming, Warhammer, Computer Gaming, so I actually have table space to paint. I'll probably throw together 400-500 points to lug around with me, and I'm spending some time taking painting classes there at the Con. I just started 40k recently, so I've got a ways to go. ;)

Archived