Skitarii army

That is entirely up to you, what you feel like modeling and painting. You can easily have models count at whatever and use to play with others if you explain how your army works to them.

For some inspiration, have a look at the model range in this link, for example.

• 5 weeks later...

I think that youd better hold off until the new IG codex is out before starting a Skittari army. The removal of Doctrines might make a Skittari army more difficult. Good luck though, my local GW has an AMAZING <_< Ad Mech army in their display case.

P.S. Those Iron Brothers are excatlly how i thought GW would model Skittari :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
You are missing the point I think. Choose a codex, let's say the Imperial Guard Codex and use those rules, but call the units something else.

Bingo!!

I'm on a budget and i am an old school deathwing player so the admech force i am building uses the deathwing list build

It will be small, elite and tough the way the mechanicum should be....although the necron codex would probably better represent them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anything involving the Guard, ever, is cause for "Huzzah!"'s all round.

What I have found in this venture is how hard it is to make convincing servitors though.

I miss the catalogue section at the back of the Dwarf and the facility to order parts all the more keenly now.

Johnson might be in for an irrate letter.

im using guard because alot of the units can be used to represent the mechanicus.

i found witch/daemon hunters had some units that could be used but all the good stuff like grey knights where too powerful to represent mechanicus which then left me without alot of decent units to choose from.

marines where good but then if i use them as allies with my chaos in apocalypse how do i justify 2 units that look so different having the same stats.

here is my idea for units:

hq

lord commissar - a higher ranking magos

company command squad - a lower ranking magos with some bodyguards and helpers

techpriest - techpriest :D

ministorum priest - preacher

elites

ogryns - praetorian servitors

storm toopers - enhanced/veteran skitarii

ratlings - sniper robots/skitarii

troops

penal legion - chaos cultists (im dark mechanicus but for mechanicus you could use them as some over zealous skitarii)

all the other troops - skitarii

chimera - chimera

fast attack

sentinels - secutors

rough riders - experimental xenos riders (mechanicus could mount them on a mechanical steed or something similar)

hellhounds, valkyrie, vendetta - all stay the same

heavy support

leman russ squad - knight squad

knight commander pask - a knight commander mounted in a knight of course(his name was what gave me the idea for the knights)

hydra, manticore, ordinance battery - all stay the same

deathstrike missile - could stay the same or could be an ordinatus

i did also think of using the basilisk to represent a knight that has given up alot of its armour to carry a long range cannon but i thought the difference in stats between a russ and basilisk may cause confusion for me and my opponant so i thought it should stay the same.

i wasnt really sure how to represent the powers of the psykers i think lightning arc and soulstorm would work well for an electro priest but weaken resolve and nightshroud dont really fit in

ultimate sanction could represent a malfunction in there equipment or something which causes them to become injured and die.

but im not going to be using psykers though as all my other armies are based around some form of psyker and i wanted something different in my mechanicus.

All I'm saying is you can use them as Electro-Priests. And well, Nightshroud obviously is lighning for lightning's sake, all over the place, so enemies are blinded and distracted. Easy. Weaken resolve is a little harder, but if you imagine them using their electoos to shell out taser-like shocks instead of roasting them wholesale that could work....

Archived