Making Repentia scary...

Toogeloo

Raven Guard parent list with Shrike.

I assume you can Inflitrate a squad of 19 Repentia + Mistress at the beginning of the game since it doesn't clarify that he can only attach to Space Marines. I am not sure if it's ever been clarified or not to be legal, but maybe even add a Chaplain to the unit too. You can have Shrike break away and attempt to attach to some fast fast moving Assault/Vangaurd Marines coming up from your table edge, or press his luck and break and go solo.

Suffice it to say, now Repentia should be in a very scary position to assault soon into the game. Sadly they may not fleet, but they should be in Assault very quickly.

I know it's probably still not justifiable to take Repentia, but it certainly makes them better overall.

Yeah, I just noticed that sentence this morning. Somehow I overlooked that little bit, and since I never use Repentia, I tend to forget their rules.

Oh well, woulda been cool to see an opponent's face to see all those Repentia Infiltrated in.

The only way I can see Repentia being scary is in Apocalypse, using Flank March. Come in on his back lines with multiple units of Chainfists. Could certainly muck up his backfield, which in large games comprises only heavy, long-range tanks.

Repentias are the worst unit in the game. Missed them in the BolS poll, because bigred thought they were that bad they have to be apeendix. :D

They lose close combat against some imperial guardsmen, because they are easy to kill and strike last!

edit: Just to compare. Tactical terminators do not excel in hth, because they strike last - they are much better than repentia in all meanings.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100/Kuchinawa212/DSCN1017-1.jpg

Never struck me as sneaky.

Is it true these chicks get "only in death does duty end" like Grimaduls? If so maybe a good Idea to try once, if you could attach Shrike

Repentia would be better if the Mistress was faithful and the Repentia were considered Adepta Sororita. Also, being semi-crazed, they should be the only models allowed to swing their Eviscerators at Initiative. Why it's even mentioned that they have an Initiative 3 is beyond me, but Passion would bump them to 5 which beats out many models in the game.

Archived