Who would you guy's say

ItSeWiNg

HEllo everyone not been on in a while

i have now got around 1000 points of orks it needs work but there done for now.

Ive been looking into Witch Hunters And Daemon Hunters for quite some time now

so who should i go for?

even if i was going to do a joint army who would you say to start with?

That totally depends on your personality. DH has the Grey Knight space marine chapter. The WH has the sisters of battle. All in all the DH has more regular units like stormtroopers, while the WH has more unique and wacky units like Arco-flagellants (guys with power whips bonded to their arms, really creepy looking.) Both sides can ally with each other so in the long run it doesn't matter a great deal who you pick. It really comes down to fluff and if you like Grey Knights or Sisters of Battle more.

Thus "generally speaking". They really do suck though, and in most cases there's nothing they can do that a Battle Sister Squad cannot do and do better, due to their better equipment and special rules.

C:WH also has stormtroopers, though nobody (generally speaking) uses them because they suck.

Highly opinionated comment spoken as fact... They in fact do not suck, they are just not as cost effective as sisters who are ridiculously cheap. In a DH army though stormtroopers are quite good. good BS, good weapons, and fair price = not suck. And in an army where the next cheapest troop is 25 points they are a must if you want more than 15 models in your army. I can't imagine a WH using them when you can get sisters for 1 point more but saying DH players dont use them is also an incorrect statement.

Leave the "Stormtroopers Do (Not) Suck" debate aside for the moment please. We have someone who would like to know why they might actually want to play with an Inquisition army. Let's help that person out instead, 'K?

On that topic...

With either army, you're in for a fun ride. Despite all the advances GW has been making with their sculpts, the GK, SoB, and Inquisitorial models are still some of the most striking, detailed, and amazing models yet made by the company. So you can't go wrong, 'cause in the end you'll have a gorgeous army that really turns heads.

If you're more interested in fluff and models, choose the set that most speaks to you. Personally, I really thought the GKTs and PAGKs were the finest miniatures around. They and the DH fluff (secret super-soldiers fighting a secret war to save humanity from nightmare horrors) really grabbed my attention and catapulted me into Warhammer (a "hobby" I otherwise studiously avoided :lol:).

I was also attracted to the idea of playing an army that literally nobody else I personally know plays. When I pull out my DH, literally everybody stops, stares, and asks me questions about it. It's neat being that unique. You won't get that with Space Marines, IG, or Orks.

I would say that the WH's offer more unit variety, have more goofy tricks up their sleeve, and (IMHO) are an easier army to master for competitive play. With the DH, you don't have as much wackiness, variety, nor an army that is as easy to come to grip with, tactically-speaking. In sure hands, either army is capable of winning Big Games.

I'll add that you've come to the right place. The B&C Ordos section has been a boon for me. Great support and thoughtful discussion!

Variety, great models, uniqueness, surprises, and creaky old codexes. That's the inquisition. Before you know it you'll have enough models to field such completely different lists that just saying, "I play Inquisition" will not be much help to your opponent. Grey Knights with Land Raiders? Sisters of Battle with Exorcists and more Faith then you can handle? Or a freak-show army with barely controllable monsters, space marines, and storm troopers commanded by a tooled up Inquisitor with his role-playing friends? Or a mix of all of those?

Archived