The little girl

Seahawk

So I've been trying to figure this one out ever since the codex came out. Does anyone have any clue as to what the little girl and her little dog (the ones that made it through the 9 gates of Tzeentch) could be referenced to in real life? I know GW references so many things, and this one seems so obvious, yet not at the same time. What would have all the answers...I think it's Dorothy and Toto...discuss?

Part of me votes for Alma Wade, but she never had a dog.

Otherwise, I'd assume it was a reference to Oz involving Dorothy and Toto. If Alice in Wonderland ever had a dog, I'd say it could be her. I haven't actually READ the full version, so I'm not sure.

Pharoah Theme to human followers of tzeentch.

"Dog" i.e. Anubis - could be the dog reference.

The female, - a Pharoah (the most famous ones Neferatiti and Cleopatra) may be the female reference.

Just a wild guess.. I somehow feel some sort of movie: Poltergeist - sort of feel to the reference and it may be from some random book or child story myth told to children somewhere else in the world. Japanese myths are very synonymous with these sort of tales. I'd say try fetching somewhere that has a heavy and early culture surrounding dogs.

I wondered too, and this bugs the hell out'ta me. Damn writer really is a servant of Tzeentch.

I think it may be a reference to Devils Bridge in Wales. A woman and her dog tricked the devil. The Devil wanted the soul of the first to cross the bridge so the woman sent her dog first.

Intriguing idea Firenze... sounds like the sort of obscure folklaw that GW would drag in and recycle.

Certainly the story is about getting one up on a God and the mythos of the Labrynith suggests it might be like the JRR Tolkein "No man can beat me."

Except this time it's mans best friend(s).

I don't know if this may be any help, but I often get a Lovecraft vibe from this...

It could all be down to one thing. Little girls are fething scary... If the girl from the Ring and/or Grudge bested Tzeentchs' Labyrinth I'd worry.

It may not be a Labyrinth homage. After all, what happened to Sarahs' dog when the Goblin King set her on the path to the Castle? If you recall, all the items in her room are what fuelled her imagination for the play she was reciting at the beginning of the film. The dog the knight rode upon (his name fails me right now, sorry) was her dog reflected in her imagined world. Also, if it was Sarah and the dog/knight/dog-knight, what happened to 'Neil from the Young Ones' and Bugal? Why weren't they in the reference?

I'd be more inclined to go with the Wizard of Oz, seeing as there's a number of trials Dorothy must go through to reach her goal and has a dog.

But the Apex Twins intrigue me...

I really wish people would stop talking about the Hilton sisters all the time!

:lol: :whistling: :woot:

There are TWO? :o

One looks at the present, the other the past. Although neither have any real idea of what the feth is going on at the best of times. They're probably two Sla'aneshi Sorceress', due to the fact they've kept millions of people infatuated for a length of time for no real reason...

But neither are that cool to be anything Warhammery, so I should hit every nuke button I have to shoot down that theory.

By the way, when the short story mentions the Guardian of Tzeentchs' Labyrinths, did anyone else imagine a giant Rolling Stones' 'Forty Licks' symbol? It would fit as a reference. I mean, 40,000 Licks. It fits all too well...

Archived