CSM Storm Bolters

Tigrinus

Moments like these end up in lost threadomancy nostalgia a few years from now.

Not if I get to have a say in the matter. :ph34r:

On the note of the whole Black Library deal; To us players all Black Library stuff is to be considered cannon. To the Black Library authors on the other hand they don't have to give a single banana what the other books say when they write their book as long as it's kosher with the studio stuff.

TDA

I read a Librarium article that basically made the point that there is no true canon. In a setting like 40K, full of propaganda, half-truths, myth, and just plain lost knowledge, there is no such thing as true "fact". Granted, some things are common knowledge, like Guardsmen carrying Lasguns, but most of the important facts are subjective.

Here's a link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...showarticle=410

Pay special attention to problem #2! ;)

Oh, and you guys are friggin hilarious!!! ;) Fluff-gland? :lol:

"Canon" in this case is common ground for discussion. I say theUltramarines are a first foundingchapter and controll the realm of Ultramar. You say, how so? I point you towards the Codex Ultramarines or any Space Marine Codex since 2nd Edition. There are a few "facts" that all can learn and agree on. There would be little point in having any "background" if everyone would just have make up his own stuff and others in turn could freely chose to disregard it. Eldar are a dying race since they gave birth to slaanesh, who is the fourth chaos god. Such things are canon.

<soapbox> Honestly I get taken aback by people that are upset that combi-bolters are called stormbolters in a BL book or whatever, I mean really, does it matter that much? Is the story good? Good, then enjoy it, and yes you want it to stick to canon, but there's a difference between calling a combi-bolter storm (what the hell is the difference anyway) and say, saying the Emperor is an Ork. One is just a tidbit that has nothing to do with plot or continuity, and the other is a complete confabulation of established storyline.

Seriously, this is all made up, don't get your power armor in a twist because the date of manufacture of STC #352546 is contradicted in 2 fluff sources written by different people 5 years apart, it's not a big deal. Ok </soapbox>

I wish storm bolters were <deleted by the inquisition.> Especially on rhinos i like the twin linked bolters. If the rhino is not getting close to the enemy or an objective what is is purpose. It cannot even make a good distraction with being far away. I mean the two shot re-roll on them makes them petty awesome. Also twin linked bolters look better.

Archived