Blue Scribes and Rubric Marines

Praetor d

So, little ol me was thinking. In the fluff, the Blue Scribes zoom around and gather spells. They then use these spells for their own protection and/or amusement. So by now they probably have the Rubric of Ahriman.

So then I thought of what would happen if they cast said Rubric when facing, say, a Crusade of Space Marines (Say 1,500 or so). They are all Rubrics now!

And then if there were more marines about. Say a Chaos Grand Company. And the other Blue Scribe tries "Top This!" and casts the Rubric again.

So we have 2,000 ish new Rubric Marines. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Tzeentch does provide!

Just some odd thoughts.

As I understand it, the rubric requires several people, so even if they wanted to they couldn't do it alone.

Does it necessarily require several people? i interpret it as because its such a powerful spell, it required several people because Arhiman wasn't powerful enough to cast it by himself.

I have wondered whether a Rubric would work on loyalist marines aswell. Theres no reason why it wouldnt in my opinion. Arhimans cabal of sorcerors were able to bring down thousands of marines, and turn them to dust.

Maybe its just the will of Tzeentch that allowed the Rubric to take place in the first place. And he doesnt want to do it again :lol:

That is a pretty funky idea...

I can imagine a story based on this. The rubric is cast on a small scale against a Chapter Company, turning only a number of them. Then ensues a war amongst the marines as the new Rubric Marines go mad and destroy their fleshy brethren in the turning of events...

That is a funky idea...

But I don't think, if such a thing were possible in our favourable universe, Khorne Berzerkers would be easy to turn Rubric. Remember Khorne holds a special resistance against Magick/Psyker Powers.

Spells require power.

Large spells require lots of power.

Large spells using power of a deity must be wanted by said deity.

I doubt the lackeys usually tasked to sort endless halls of books on tall endless bookshelves would be allowed to cast such a thing.

Archived