Skull Harvest, the return of Honsou (short story)

Hi everone

For fan of Storm of Iron, Honsou back in a new book called Hero's of the Space Marines, it another short story called Skull Harvest.

It see Honsou in his next phase of his plan to take on Uriel & the Ultramarines.

You can see a perview of this short story here, if you do not wish this story spoil do not read & finial note is there more to this as said it a mere perview

http://www.blacklibrary.com/pdf/heroes-of-...ace-marines.pdf

Link to the book to order

http://www.blacklibrary.com/product.asp?pr...3&type=Book

All this is leading up to somthing big, from Storm of Iron to Dead Sky Black Sun, Planet Kill (as well as killing ground though it more on the Ultramarine side of things) & now the short story in Hero's of the Space Marines.... all this is leading up to a big finial show down. Can't say much more with out permission from my friend MrGraham McNeill of course.

IP

Yep it looking to be good & as said leading something big.

Still I find this pretty funny :)

*from the perview, but made spoiler in the event people do not wish to read it*

‘I am VosokDall, servant of the Skull Throne, and I have come to take your life.’

Honsou took the measure of the warrior in a heartbeat. Vosok Dall was former Astartes, Scythes of the Emperor

by the crossed-scythe heraldry on his shoulder guard, but a warrior who now killed in the name of a blooddrenched god that revelled in murder and battle. He

would be strong and capable, with a hunger for glory and martial honour unmatched even by those who still fought for the Imperium.

‘I thought your Chapter was dead,’ said Honsou, pushing himself to his feet. ‘Didn’t the swarm fleets turn your

world into an airless rock?’

‘You speak of events that do not concern you, maggot,’ barked Dall. ‘I am here to kill you, so ready your weapon.’

‘You see,’ said Honsou, shaking his head. ‘That’s what you followers of the Blood God always get wrong. You

always talk too much.’

Just IMO same classic as Honsou comment in Dead Sky Black Sun to Uriel of the Ultramarines

I dread to think what heinous crime an Ultramarine must commit to be banished to the Eye of Terror. Did you turn left instead of right on the parade ground? Forget to say your prayers in the morning?

Dead Sky Black Sun p227, Warsmith Honsou of the Iron Warriors to ex-captain Uriel Ventris of the 4th Company of Space Marines

I can't wait to see what happen in Skill Harvest :)

IP

This seems like it could be interesting. Although Iron Warriors in the pub having a drink seems more than a little odd.

I do like Honsous plan, just a pitty that McNeil loves the Ultras and willl never let Honsou win against Ventris.

Besides which GW would never approve it :verymad:

Oh well this Word Bearer can dream ^_^

Disciple

Does anyone else find a Chaos Marine bar to be a strange idea? Hmm I wonder if they pick up daemonettes there "Hey there honey, now I'm no space hulk pilot but I'd like to navigate your warp rift" Seems about right. Also before this story I never knew that random marines from loyal chapters just turned to chaos. How would they get away with that anyway?

Does anyone else find a Chaos Marine bar to be a strange idea? Hmm I wonder if they pick up daemonettes there "Hey there honey, now I'm no space hulk pilot but I'd like to navigate your warp rift" Seems about right. Also before this story I never knew that random marines from loyal chapters just turned to chaos. How would they get away with that anyway?

the red corsairs contain renegades from various loyalist chapters, the latest codex csm has space wolves turnng renegade to join huron (something that caused a lot of clawing and biting over in the wolves forum).

Where does it say any Space Wolves joined Huron? It just has Huron attack and capture a SW ship, presumably killing all on board. I guess the Constantinus story is like this, but that was a fairly large group that all turned together, it's the one marine turning all on his lonesome that is strange.

Let keep this on Skull Harvest ;)

As for the bar I would have though with it being the Maelstrom I though be a bit like Star War in that area with no law, etc.. Since that where all the Renegade tend to hang out?? I might be wrong, but that what I though. Seem to be a fair few placies like this in Bloodquest the comic

As for Scythes of the Emperor who know ether way it was after the Nids destroyed his home world :lol:, might be he got nothing left, felt the Emperor turn his back, found his way here, as long as it cool & a story about IW that what matter for me :) :D

IP

Where does it say any Space Wolves joined Huron? It just has Huron attack and capture a SW ship, presumably killing all on board. I guess the Constantinus story is like this, but that was a fairly large group that all turned together, it's the one marine turning all on his lonesome that is strange.

I believe the story in the codex says some Wolves in the cruiser turned on their own.

as long as it cool & a story about IW that what matter for me :) :lol:

Amen to that, about time we showed the lesser legions who's boss once more :D . Too bad Graham won't let Honsou actually succeed in his quest for revenge, though maybe he could at least write another book from the IW perspective, oh well, I can dream can't I?

reread the last 2 paragraphs of the story.......

then without warning, several of the space wolves turned on their brethren, attacking them from behind before surrendering to the mercy of the blood reaver. they recanted their oathes to the space wolves, leman russ and the emperor, and swore new pledges of loyalty to huron

• 1 month later...

I have both new books Courage & Honour (deal with the Ultramarines) & Hero of the Space Marines from Conflict Scotland today. Just started Courage & Honour few min ago. While Skull Harvest read it on the bus to & from the event.

It a good read & a well know Chaos Space Marine make a show, let just say (not to spoil it) he is a specil ch from 2nd ed who came back to the 5th ed codex.

Still got to proerly read it but the store so far been good. Just 50 pagies.

*Don't look if you want to know the spoiler

From Courage & Honour,

let just say Honsou little message from the short story in PlanetKill.... has been given to Urial

Should get a proper read on Skull Harvest tomorrow, with it being 50 pagies should not take to long.

IP

I must get this! I just finished Tales of Heresy and there is some (minor) discussion of Perturabo. Why are the Iron Warriors so ignored in 4th/5th edition. This is terrible!

I brought my entire Iron Warrior army out of it's dusty cardboard boxed tomb and it's enough to bring a man to tears. I hope reading the Honsou tales brings some new life into the army. As long as he isn't portrayed as a total goofball. :)

I've order, "planetkill", courage and honour", and that hero novel thingie..

Can't wait till I get them lol..

Finished reading planetkill like a month ago. But personally I enjoyed Tales from the Dark millennium much more. That story of

the fallen Dark angel which worships nurgle and is being hunted by the Dark angels (the Inquisition also gets involved)

its just brilliant. Loved the way they described the

fallen

and the battles.

Hmm must say that I am pretty ambivalent as to an Iron Warriors Horus Heresy book. Legion made me like the Alpha Legion a lot more but Fulgrim completely killed the Emperor's Children for me, and I used to want to start an army of them too :ermm:

Honsou cannot be in it, he was created after the Heresy with the use of captured gene seed. Also I was saying I was ambivalent as to a HH Iron Warrior book, so you aren't really agreeing with me since I said I wasn't sure about the idea and you seem to be sure. That said if they do write it it will probably include Forrix and Krueger and hopefully the un-named Warsmith from SoI maybe even explaining who he was and why he got to order around the supposed First Captain :huh: .

Either that or it will just be totally unrelated to McNiell's books which would also be nice since I think there is room to create more IW characters based around the whole evil paranoid genius theme, maybe have a guy experimenting with the techno virus and trying to hide it from the Imperium at large?

Archived