Geater Daemon as Daemon Prince

Busterboy

As Mal said.

You probably shouldn't use a Greater Daemon straight from the box as a Daemon Prince. People will assume it's the Greater Daemon.

Now, you can convert it up, but I'd still probably avoid using the same Greater Daemon in that army unless you've done major conversion work.

If you're looking for ways to do a Daemon Prince on a lower budget, I suggest looking into the Warhammer Fantasy range. Bel'akor, the Dark Master is a fine starting point for a lot of Daemon Princes.

You could probably work a Chaos Spawn into a tidy little Daemon Prince as well.

If you're willing to take a more mechanically-inclined look at a Daemon Prince, Sentinels, Dreadnoughts, and/or Crisis Suits are solid bases to start from there.

I have my Daemon Prince based off a Dragon, and another is a scratch build from an oblitorator and a terminator. My Greater Daemon in the same army is a Giant Chaos Spawn from forgeworld. Basiclly, as long as people can tell who is who (which is never easy with crazy-mixed-up Daemons) you should be all good. Mainly, for me, if they have wings, their princes. If not, a Greater Daemons.

Erm..I realise now that this is for Daemons not CSM. But pretty much anything can be a prince. If a GD into prince at least try and make it look less imposing or recognizable. to avoid confusion.

Archived