Two or more Order Militants army

Ok, not that i have with my own Sisters of Battle army.

Im wondering if anyone does combine 2 or more Sororitas armies together in one army, to maybe give reason why they have two or More Cannoness models.

It would like be fielding a Crusade army for Space Marines, where as you have several units from different Chapters representing your army.

Any thoughts???

Ok, not that i have with my own Sisters of Battle army.

Im wondering if anyone does combine 2 or more Sororitas armies together in one army, to maybe give reason why they have two or More Cannoness models.

It would like be fielding a Crusade army for Space Marines, where as you have several units from different Chapters representing your army.

Any thoughts???

I don't think you need to go that far. Just consider the 2nd canoness as a different heroine or other high-ranked sister.

I don't have the codex with me at work, so I don't remember if the canoness is a 0-1 HQ, anyway.

See C:WH-- There are many ranks of Canoness. The ranks should be as follows, from lowest authorized to lead a force to highest...

Palatine, Canoness, (possibly Canoness Missionary, although it's unofficial), Canoness Preceptor, Canoness Commander, Canoness Superior

Essentially though...

Palatine = low ranking officer

Canoness = mid-ranking officer

Canoness Missionary/Preceptor/Commander/Superior = high ranking officer in charge of a mission/preceptory/commandery/order.

Canoness Superior is the overall military and religious leader of an order, and is an exceptional heroine by anyone's standards-- she probably has had rejuvenat treatments to set her age back because she is truelly a celebrated heroine, possibly even on her way to being declared a living saint, and certainly someone who will be declared a saint posthumously. I generally don't represent the Canoness Superior on the battlefield because the rank has much akin with a Marine Chapter Master, and it just seems stupid to have them on the field to get killed.

Canoness Preceptor leads a PReceptory, an organizational setup of around one thousand Sisters. THis is probably equivalent to a Marine company in strength in the fluff. Wether or not Orders are devided into Preceptories is unknown, but only the largest orders would be of course-- the six major orders and any minor order that's larger than 2000 (I put the largest minor orders at around five thousand myself, and think there are likely at least a dozen of them).

Canoness Commander leads a Commandery, an organizational setup of around 200 Sisters. As before, it is not said if larger Orders are divided into Commanderies, but it seems likely given that they are a miltiary organization. Besides, Canoness Commander just sounds cool.

Canoness Missionary leads a MIssion, an organizational setup of probably around 21 Sisters (basic deployement, HQ + 2 squads of 10 Battle Sisters), but it could basicly include any Sororitas Organization smaller than a Commandery.

Palatine is a minor Heroine, and it is likely that a Canoness has a few Palatine inferiors that she is instructing and ordering around. Similarly, it is likely that there are also several Canonesses underneath a Canoness Preceptor or Canoness Superior, too. Also, Palatines may only lead Missions.

Archived