Help me make an army!

Apogee

So, I signed up for a 2,000 point tourny that happens in about 3 weeks. I have a whole lotta SoB stuff, and a bit of DH radical stuff. Basically, I'll list what I've got, and then what i think is good, You guys make suggestions or a whole new list if you want ;). I won't bother listing wargear unless it's specifically ont he model, so I can't change it. I'll also list all the sisters I have under troops, although they can be whatever (retribs, Celestians, etc.). It isn't all painted, but I can get whatever I need done by then.

From the top!

Specials:

Flying Nun w/ Inferno pistol, Blessed weapon, Jump pack

Inquisitor with Plasma Pistol

Inquisitor with Bolter-melta/flamer

3 Daemonhosts

6 DCAs

Vindicare Assassin

10 Repentia, mistress and priest

Troops:

30 Generic Sisters

5 Superiors (2 bolter/PS, 3 plasma/eviscerator)

5 Flamers

4 Stormbolters

4 Multimeltas

10 Stormtroopers (one each flamer, melta, plasma gun, grenade launcher)

15 Generic Seraphim

5 Seraphim Superiors (forget what kind)

6 Seraphim Flamers

Tanks!:

2 Rhinos

2 Immolators (can remove the turret to be a Rhino)

2 Chimeras (Turret Flamer, Hull Bolter)

2 Exorcists

Now personally, I was thinking of rolling with the 'hosts, cause I just painted them and they're awesome. Give the Troopers and Inq Lord teleport homers and then pray to the dice god :). As many sisters as I can afford in Rhinos, with 2 exorcists for anti-armour, as well as the flying nun. Alternatively, drop the Inq stuff for Seraphim and Celestians in an Immo w/ MMs and Storm bolters as fire support.

Thoughts?

Can you include Daemonhosts in the same army as Sisters? :P If so that was a fairly major typo by GW.

Or an outright error. Sisters would turn on those daemonhost so fast it would make your head spin. From a fluff standpoint that doesn't work at all. There almost has to be a rule that states its illegal.

Nope, no rule... Grey Knights cannot be included in an army with daemonhosts... there is no rule involving sisters. Fluff-wise remember, for the longest time a radical guy ran the ecclesiarchy and was eventually put down at the hands of the sisters after they received wisdom from the emperor.

The daemonhosts may never be noticed by the overzealous sisters.

Fluff-wise remember, for the longest time a radical guy ran the ecclesiarchy and was eventually put down at the hands of the sisters after they received wisdom from the emperor.

The daemonhosts may never be noticed by the overzealous sisters.

Goge Vandire had nothing to do with Daemonhosts though. :P Plus, he wasn't Radical - just insane. And the since the whole grimdark has insanity as an integral part, who says it was that different from normal behaviour in his early stages of insanity?

Heh, I've thought long and hard about it fluff wise, but I never could think of a great reason. Best I could think of was that the Sisters were in league with this radical Inquisitor, who summons daemons and then kills them. Or uses them on the battlefield and kills them if they happen to survive. Of course, these would have to be the most radical Sisters ever, but meh. They just loko soo cool! I'l have to post some pics eventually ^^.

So, any army ideas? Fluff be damned, as long as its fun to play with. I suppose Repentia and Daemonhosts would make a fun twist on the "Legion of the Damned"!

... Another example is the inquisitor from I believe the ciaphas cain saga that took refuge in a sisters covenant and was added without the sisters knowing that he was researching technology that he shouldn't of been. I forget the novel exactly but it had a number of things involved, including a chaos cult and a small group of tyranids. Duty calls I believe is the novel's name.

I suppose the Inquisitor could say that the Daemonhosts were psychically bound witches and part of their punishment is to be like Penitent Engines and sacrifice themselves in the name of the Emperor! Inquisitors are second to gods in authority and SOB are soldiers trained to obey. It's not that bad of a stretch. Now Grey Knights, being deamon experts, would recognize them for what they are immediately and attempt to slay both the Inquisitor and his 'hosts.

Then there's always the fallback excuse of a truce in face of a common foe.

Sisters would never truce with daemons even with a common foe. They are far to fanatical for that. This is one of those things that basically in your plot the sisters have to be totally and utterly ignorant that its a daemonhost. So basically it has to stay on the other side of the board with line of sight being blocked so they can't see it or they will likely rebel against you and try and kill it. So somehow you have to work around it.

I suppose the Inquisitor could say that the Daemonhosts were psychically bound witches and part of their punishment is to be like Penitent Engines and sacrifice themselves in the name of the Emperor! Inquisitors are second to gods in authority and SOB are soldiers trained to obey. It's not that bad of a stretch.

Obey the Emperor first and fore most.

They are also trained to kill those that show their sins, up to, and inclusive of, the Inquisition.

However, Count-as penitent psykers seem like a good bet.

My Inquisitor only uses her psychic powers whilst her penitent is alive because, fluff wise, it is the penitent that is using it. (Being allowed a little freedom under extreme circumstances)

... Daemonhosts can look exactly like normal humans... in fact very powerful psykers are on par with a daemonhost... so yes a sisters group who may not pick up the fact that the inquisitor is a radical inquisitor may not pick up the fact that the floating "penitent psyker" going on by... which is covered in special locks and equipment, exactly like a goddamn penitent psyker model... may be a daemon locked in a human body.

Archived