Dedicated transports

Dilgar

So we were wondering with my friends after an annhilation game that do the transport also give away a victory point or do u have to kill both the transport and the unit to get a point?

I mean u do buy the transport as u would any weapon upgrade for a squad, and this would imply that u need to kill both, or just the squad.

Another question poped up in my head about transports..Which Deamonhunter unit can choose a Rhino transport besides an Inqivisitor? Can a GK squad take one for example?

thanks for the answers!

Another question poped up in my head about transports..Which Deamonhunter unit can choose a Rhino transport besides an Inqivisitor? Can a GK squad take one for example?

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers. That's it. If in doubt, remember this rule - Grey Knights do not get transports. They get Storm Bolters, Deep Strike etc. instead.

So we were wondering with my friends after an annhilation game that do the transport also give away a victory point or do u have to kill both the transport and the unit to get a point?

On p. 92 of the BRB it states under the Multiple Unit Choices heading:

Note that occasionally the Codexes allow the player to include several units in his army at the cost of a single force organisation slot (like dedicated transports, etc.). Apart from being bought as a single choice, these units operate and count as separate units in all respects.

Emphasis mine.

All this is to say that you should not -- cannot -- conflate Force Organization choices with Units. Multiple units might take up a single FO choice ... or may even take up none at all! (E.g., summoned lesser daemons in Codex: Chaos Space Marines.) But every Unit can surrender a kill point. So a unit with a dedicated transport is going to be worth 2 KPs: 1 for the infantry, 1 for the vehicle.

Yeps... another good example are death cult assassins... 3 of them take up a slot, but each is worth a KP. Whats important to remember is that 2/3 of the games you will play in if you use the rules do not involve KP, and thusly do not benefit those armies that can really do alot with very few KP.

Archived