Noob need help Converting AoBR SM into Iron Warriors

otenrider

Well I guess paint scheme and removing imperial insignia are the two main things. If you have anyway of making them look more mean or vicious that's also good. The Models that might need the most work are the tactical squad sergeant, terminators, dreadnought and captain. The captain I would say would be the hardest one to do as I always got a gritty feeling from Iron warriors while that captain is standing proud in his cape going check this out.

Anyway remove imperial insignias and paint them up as Iron Warriors and that's enough. If you have the bits and/or ability to make them more gritty and "chaosy" then do that as well.

When you expand your army you could get some Iron Warrior upgrades for the chaos space marine box sets and then mix these chaos space marines with the AoBR box set marines so that as a unit they don't stand out as much ;)

I would buy a box of CSM's and mix and mitch the parts with the s/m's, that way each model has some chaosy looking bits. I wouldn't try to make helmets, I don't know how you would go about it.

just make sure the models that get the s/m helmets get chaos body & shoulder pads.

Of course file off all the imperial insignia esp the eagal like Hellios said.

Archived