Using WH as Allies to BT

Rogal

Hey I am looking at inducting some sisters into my Black Templar Army for some extra witch hunting goodness. Can I take sisters units as allies?

pp. 25 of codex WH says when allying in space marines, "Allied Space Marines may not be used if any Adepta Sororitas units are present in the WH's force."

Since the parent list is BT Space Marines, and I am allying in WH's, can I take Adepta Sororitas units?

Or does this stand what ever parent list you are using??

e.g. Can Sisters and SM never be together in any kind of allied force?

Thanks for you help!

-R

There are of course 0-x number of slots for adding witch hunter units to remember. But you may take Adepta Sororitas units by using BT as your base codex and base FOC.

I've tried it once with a 2000pt list with basic marines. The Battle sisters faith point pool in this type of build is stymied and can not be relied upon as it is in pure sisters lists and marine units a limited too. You really need to make sure you have something on the marines side of things that can hit hard, and or provide long range support. The two armies put together sort of limit each others strengths. I went up against an all foot CM list and still got walloped by Khârn and berserkers, and some foppish noise marines. If I did that battle again I would want to bring a vindicator or something else with some AP3 or better. do BT get vindicators? I don't remember.

I think a few BSSs would do ok in rhinos rushing forward. this way your opponent will have either rushing rhinos of sisters or potential BT mobs that rush forward if shot up too much to worry about, and not know what to fire at. I'd say if you really want to do this, proxy first and play around with a few builds with minimal sisters units with roles that will fill in the gaps of you main BT force.

Thanks guys. I am fooling around with the idea of an allied WH Inquisitor and retinue of witchunters or maybe guardsmen. I think it seems incredibly fluffy if I take the Abhor the Witch vow with my BT. Just trying to figure out what unit is best to take with the Inquisitor / Inquisitor lord. Maybe a unit of 5 retributors in an immolator with Inquisitor attached?

Maybe even I just take a sororitas hq with a unit of seraphim. Hmm I will need to play test this a bit.

Archived