Fallen Angel BatRep

Alrighty, now as some of you know, i have been working on a Fallen Angel army in honor of my late son Cypher. Now, i know i'm using chaos rules, but i think this is the most appropriate place due to their connection to the Dark Angels. Now, normally i would have done this army as undivided, but i decided to do this army as a slaanesh/nurgle combo as that was the army i was playing during his short life, and the army that got my wife and my ex into the hobby, so it has a strong family connection to it. Now that all said, i've been working on extinsive conversions to make them look like those forces, but in a non traditional way, as i couldn't bear to have my son's army be really chaotic looking. so that all said, i played them in their first real game, confirming what models will be what, and all that. now having said all that, i'll tell you about the game

Fallen:

Cypher- Chaos Lord, MoS, Daemon Weapon

Unnamed Champion- Chaos Lord, MoS, Lightning Claws

3 units of Noise Marines (6 man) with 5 sonic blasters, and blast master, and champion w/power weapon

2 units of Plague Marines (10 man) with champion w/power weapon

Dread w/2 dccw

Chosen w/MoN, champion w/pf, and 4 meltas

Chosen w/MoN, champion w/pw, and 4 plasmas (both chosen outflanking

Tau

Shas'o (airbursting frag, cyclic, shield, target lock, multi tracker) w/bodyguard w/sheild, burst cannon, targetting array

Shas'o (twin plasma, shield, iridium armor), bodyguard w/shields, 1 shield drone each, targetting array 1 w/missle pod, one w/plasma

5 units firewarriors (bonded, markerlight)

Hammerhead w/ion cannon, smart missle

6 stealth suits, bonded, targetting array, 2 fusion blasters

pathfinders (devilfish had multi track, target lock)

1 Gue'vesa w/sgt

Pathrinders and stealthsuits outflank, and both shas'os bonded

Now, i know the tau sound kinda odd, but trust me she is good with her army, and this list wins a suprising amount, and usually gives my wolves a hell of a run for their money

So we were playing annihiliation, with the pitched battle set-up, and she set up first, with the 5 squads for fire warriors on the left flank and middle, the 2 battle suit squads supporting the middle, and hiding behind cover, and the gue'vesa and hammerhead on the right, making a really nice fire line, and using the cover to make several very nasty fire lanes. i set up with the 2 units of plague marines, and 1 noise marine in the middle (with the two ic in the plague marines), and the other noise marines on the left (so AWAY from her hammerhead) with the dread.

On turn one, she managed to take out a sad 2 noise marines (one from the center squad, and one from a left squad) and her battle suits advanced into firing positions for the next turn, but still hidden, and her hammerhead took a few potshots at the plague marines to no avail. on my turn one, the two center plague marines split, one going with the noise marines straight up the middle, the other (with Cypher) went slightly left, filling in the hole in my line, and getting into cover. The two remaining noise marines began to advance, while the dread went psycho, and began charging forward. My noise marines forced one unit of fire warriors to run, plowing into another unit thereby killing them, and pinned another, while the other managed to drop the drones, while Cypher's unit ran forward 6, nearly clearing the terrain, and got into a wonderful position to possibly be able to assault her line the next turn.

On Turn 2, her outflankers didn't come in, and her remaining unit on the left tried to shoot up the noise marines, doing nothing, while her hammerhead took out a plague marine, and her 2 battle suit units took out 2 noise marines, and a plague marine from Cypher's unit. Her fire warriors could do nothing. On my turn my melta chosen came in behind the hammerhead, my dread again went psycho, though this time he would be in charge range. The noise marines supporting it decimated a 3 tau squad, as they continued their advance forward. Cyphers unit came with charge range (of 5 inches in difficult terrain) of one of cyclic ion/air bursting frag battle suit unit. the plague marines in the center did nothing, but the noise marines forced wiped out another unit of fire warriors, leaving just the gue'vesa and a unit of fire warriors on the far right to cover the battle suits, all while the plague marines with noise marine support ran coming dangerously close to the other battle suit unit. from here, having forgotten to shoot, my chosen charged the back of the hammerhead, Cypher's unit charged the battlesuits, and the dread charged the pinned unit of fire warriors on the left. The dread handily wiped the fire warriors, as did cypher and the battle suits (he dropped them all), and the chosen easily destroyed the hammerhead, but managed not to hurt themselves.

Turn 3, her remaining units spread out some, hoping to catch me off guard a little, but inadvertanly putting them all within charge range. her shooting did nothing (she could hit, she could wound, but i kept rolling 5s and 6s for my saves and feel no pain) and her outflankers didn't come in. On my turn, my dread did very little, while Cypher's squad advanced on the gue'vesa, and my other plague marines and noise marines closed in on the other battle suits, while the chosen came in from the other side. the noise marines on the left flanked opened up with the blastmasters at long range, and completly missed with one template, and hit 5 with the other (3 of hers, and 2 plague marines) and took 3, all hers. next my remaining noise marines and plague marines opened up. cypher's squad didn't score a single wound, while the other unit scored 9 (one with each pistol) and the noise marines got 10 on the battle suits, all saved. So sharges were declared and blood was spilt. cypher's unit quickly dispatched the gue'vesa, while the other unit required ever attack from the remaining plague marines, chosen, and noise marines to kill (the chaos lord scored 4 wounds, and wiped out the body guard) to drag down the shas'o, who took out a plague marine.

Turn 4, her shooting did nothing, and her fire warriors were overwhelmed by 2 units of plague marines one unit of noise marines, and a unit of chosen. and again, no ones outflankers came in

turn 5, her stealthsuits deploy on the right (while all my models are now in the middle, and can't see them) and her pathfinders come in on the left. the pathfinders are only in range for the front of the dread, and quietly wet themselves. On my turn, the dread losses it again, and charges at the pathfinders, while the noise marines easily tear apart the devilfish with their blastmasters. also, my other chosen come in literally right behind the stealth suits, and rapid fire on them. there is nothing left but the pathfinders, which are charged, 1 survives, and runs off the board. the game is over, with a landslide in favor of my Fallen.

Now, i've been playing this person for years, and she is one of my best regular opponents, and usually gives me a good run, but tonight she made a few silly mistakes, but against the units she was fighting, there would be no mercy. all in all though, the game went really well, and she was a great sport about it all. She was quite aware of the army, and its signifigance, and gave me her A game because of it (her rational being that Cypher fought all his life, it would be disrespectful not to give him a good show). All in all i am very VERY pleased with the army i've made. I do want to send a HUGE thank you to all the people here on the forums for your help and support. its meant so much, and helped immensely. you all know who you are :wallbash: thanks a lot. well, i can't wait to get in a game tomorrow against my wife's 1k sons, hopefully we can pull through again. we'll just have to wait and see.

Great write up GunnarRedSun.

I haven't responded to you before now because it's hard to know what to say. I think this is a fitting and (rather unique) memorial to your son and I'm so sorry to hear of his loss.

I hope this is the first of many glorious victories for this army and best of luck to you and yours.

:devil:

@ Dark Bjoern, what can i say, i have to honor my son somehow, and naming him Cypher was the comprimise (i wanted to name him ragnar origionally). but yeah, i'm a twisted little git, what can i say?

Well, since this battlereport is made with a chaos marine list, and since it's a fallen angel theme and all, the chaos section should be more apropriate. I'll put this in therre, but the link will stay her in DA section

Archived