Chaos Havocs

in a sense, as they can have any mark. i like Khornate havocs with 4 meltas and a powerfist. it confuses people :P

What I ment by mixing kits was just using the heavy weapon itself but the CSM power armoured mini. The SM plastic HB loohs great on a CSM trooper, especialy with the bare head and half helm/ breathing mask. It still looks like chaos, but better because it strikes a balance between ornate and brutal. IMHO the best looking CSM's are the ones that are not overtly ornate and have some of that simple utility look loyalists have. Hence mixing the SM and CSM kits.

What I ment by mixing kits was just using the heavy weapon itself but the CSM power armoured mini. The SM plastic HB loohs great on a CSM trooper, especialy with the bare head and half helm/ breathing mask. It still looks like chaos, but better because it strikes a balance between ornate and brutal. IMHO the best looking CSM's are the ones that are not overtly ornate and have some of that simple utility look loyalists have. Hence mixing the SM and CSM kits.

I know what you mean. Mixing SM and CSM kits gives the minis more of an underlying sense of brutality, as opposed to the in-ye-face brutality of normal CSM.

Agreed. Honestly, the only weapons from the CSM heavy kits that are worth noting are the missile launcher and the autocannon, and for very different reasons. The missile launcher just looks mean, and the autocannon is thus far, not available in a man portable version on another model. Plus, it too looks the balls. The stand out here is the SM heavy bolter, it is a vast improvement of the CSM one.

Agreed. Honestly, the only weapons from the CSM heavy kits that are worth noting are the missile launcher and the autocannon, and for very different reasons. The missile launcher just looks mean, and the autocannon is thus far, not available in a man portable version on another model. Plus, it too looks the balls. The stand out here is the SM heavy bolter, it is a vast improvement of the CSM one.

I agree but for different reasons.

I think the Missile Launcher and AutoCannon are basically equivalent weapons, both medium/high strength with decent anti-tank/infantry firepower. Both of their optimal targets are light-medium armor and light-heavy infantry, so they work very well together.

If you're looking for Heavy Bolters, a Dakka Predator is alot cheaper and if you're looking for LasCannons, Obliterators or even a 3 LasCannon Predator are better buys.

While Defilers do have both an AutoCannon and a Krak pie plate, they can't fire both at the same time and they don't have the sheer volume of shots which is more important against single targets (like armor/MCs) than the pie plate.

3 units of infiltrating chosen and 3 units of short ranged havocs... You can amass plenty of melta, plasma and flamer goodness. Dont forget the rhinos can come with combi-weapons plus your fast attack raptors with special weapons. (or bikes)

i agree with mutt man!, especially with the chosen outflanking, you can bring them in later, and keep them fresh, and man it scares your opponent :lol:

Archived