What are your "counts-as's"?

Seahawk

So I've noticed that a lot of us use different models for units we like but hate the models for. Chaos knights for bloodcrushers, spawn for daemon princes, crazy models from other companies for flesh hounds...etc. What do you use? As daemons we have far more leeway, as it's all just warp-stuff anyways. Here's what I'm currently doing:

- Chaos Warhounds as Fiends of Slaanesh. They will have pink skin and purple hair when I'm done.

- Chaos Troll with two axes as Skarbrand, or a very svelte GUO. Once it's painted it will be one or the other.

- Adepticon swag demon as the Blue Scribes.

- FW Apostate Preachers of Nurgle as Nurgle Heralds

- Furies are being screamers of tzeentch until I get actual screamers. More of a proxy I guess, but my furies are wingless with fur sculpted over the slots. And they're pointing. Thus, I love using them because then I can sing "Ee-vil, ee-vil monkey!!!" when they arrive.

Fiends and Hounds are on different sized bases, just a heads up there.

==My== entire army is counts-as, being made entirely from sprues. It gets good laughs and offers a ton of options for various critters.

My daemons are an exclusive set of counts-as. Well, aside from Soul Grinders...

Fateweaver: Crisis suit w/ wings, second head

Skarbrand: Bel'akor the Dark Master w/ arm swap, GS'ed tabards, and scratch-build 'wings'

Plaguebearers: Dryad conversions

Nurglings: Dryad conversions; a couple limbs and head on a 40mm base with some putty

Fiends: epoxy boob-snakes w/ Space Marine torsos and chainswords, Rippers as heads

Other army...

Fateweaver as above

2 Tzeentch heralds: corrupted Eldar Jetbike

Bloodcrushers: Chaos Knight conversions

Flamers as...flamers. They're that cool.

Horrors: Ghouls w/ Head Swap, bolters

I just don't like a lot of the metal models. It lets me do the army much cheaper, and makes it a lot more personal.

I'm mostly using GW offical models, though the army was built for a Tornuament by GW, so I'll probably go a bit more bonkers now. Projects include -

- The Bluescribes, using 2 Horrors, some books/parchment odds and ends, a Disc, some CoD stuff and a bit of GS.

- Tzeentch Prince, Be'lakor with minor conversion work.

- Scratch sculpted Daemon Prince of Khorne (coming this weekend, hopefully)

- Bog standard Flamers + Skulltaker

I appricate that the Bloodcrushers are expensive, but to me they are just amazing models - to use anything else doesn't do justic to them, to be honest.

My demon army is under construction currently, so far my plans for conversions/counts as are:

Warhounds for flesh hounds.

Dryads for Horrors w/ with a psuedo T-sons egyptian theme so they can be used with my T-sons...

Converted ghouls for plague bearers, or plague worms...I have not decided on that one yet.

after thats its mostly stock. Khorn heralds will be produced from bloodletters and chaos marauder bits with some GS.

EH

im surprised people have good count-as as well!

here's mine

chaos knights + spawn spure= Blood Crushers

Dryads = Horrors

Ushabtis with wings = Daemon Prince

Scratch built heralds on chariot

and i use Spawn as fiends. they are actually quite nice.;)

While I haven't made these yet, I plan to add some Silent Hill inspired Daemons to my Slaanesh army.

First, some Lying Figures counting as Plague Bearers (Zombies, and lots of green-stuff), and a model based on Asphyxia from Homecoming as a Chariot-mounted Herald of Slaanesh (not really sure what to use for this).

Also being included will be some Soulgrinders given Pyramid-Head masks, and weapons (so one will have a Great Knife, the other a spear). They will still have the original legs, rather than being a complete copy of Pyramid Head.

And no, I won't be including any Nurses. I want to keep this as an army with elements inspired by Silent Hill, not a "Silent Hill in Space" army. Sure, I could do my Daemonettes as the Nurses, but I don't want to take the whole thing too far.

I feel ashamed for using cheap models but I use skeletons. I went and did extra converting on them to try and not seem cheap, but as it stands my skele-mon forces are used primarily against people I really know. I have frosty skeletons, char-bone flaming aura skeletons, acidic skeletons and ghostly hovering skeletons. Even robed scythe skeletons and 'shapeshifting' bone-melding skeletons.

Just started to build my Daemon army but I plan to:

put Bloodletters on Chaos Knight horses as Bloodcrushers

put Bloodletter on Khorne Chaos Lord Juggernaut (Warriors of Chaos version) as Herald on Juggernaut (done dead cheap as son has it as CSM Khorne Lord on Juggernaut so will be borrowing it)

Warhounds as Flesh Hounds

I use horrors and flamers both as lesser Daemons, The Giant Chaos spawn from forge world as my Greater Daemon, Galrouch first chaos dragon as my Daemon Prince and scrathc build spawn, as my spawn.

I use horrors and flamers both as lesser Daemons, The Giant Chaos spawn from forge world as my Greater Daemon, Galrouch first chaos dragon as my Daemon Prince and scrathc build spawn, as my spawn.

Galrauch as a DP? wow! with his immense size, i currently use him as a Greater daemon!

Galrauch as Fateweaver.

Converted Ghouls as Plaguebearers.

Horrors on White Lion Chariots with Screamers as Tzeentch Heralds.

LotR Giant Spiders as Fiends.

Old Spawn with Reaper wings as Nurgle Princes.

A couple of other minor things, but I'm not really up for finding out right now.

TBH, I like the newer daemon models, with one exception.

The only complaint I have is I wish they had kept the last edition Daemonettes and Seekers, and started making them in plastic.

Fortunately, I have a sizable number of both, but they were better looking than the current ones and now there's no seekers!

The only thing I use as a "counts-as" is my Skulltaker on Juggernaut model. I have a regular Bloodletter mounted on a Khorne Champion Jugg, cut the arm off of the champion so my Skulltaker is dual wielding, left hand axe and right hand sword. Other then that, I have the actual pieces and I can't wait for the plastic DP and Plaguebearers!

Dryads as horrors

Never really though of that, might need to borrow this idea for my own Daemon army & bring it that bit closer to the list I want.

For the topic, well as "count as" I'm going to convert up some Orks to be the Nurgle unit (Plaguebearers) like the art work in codex Daemon Hunters.

While Skull taker I do the same as DuskRaider useing the Plastic Bloodletter, but got him with a green stuff cape cover in skulls.

IP

Almost all of my army is count-as:

HQ:

Lizardmen Slann as Great Unclean One

Dark Elf Chariot as Herald of Slaanesh on Chariot

Lizardmen Saurus Champion as Herald of Khorne

Lizardmen Skink Champion as Herald of Tzeentch

Troops:

Lizardmen Saurus as Bloodletters

Lizardmen Skinks as Pink Horrors

10 metal Deamonettes

Lizardmen Skink Shaman as the Changeling

Elites:

Zoats as Fiends of Slaanesh

Lizardmen Salamenders as Beasts of Nurgle

Heavy:

Ambull as Deamon Prince of Nurgle

Lizardmen Kroxigors as Deamon Princes of Khorne

Dryads as horrors

Never really though of that, might need to borrow this idea for my own Daemon army & bring it that bit closer to the list I want.

For the topic, well as "count as" I'm going to convert up some Orks to be the Nurgle unit (Plaguebearers) like the art work in codex Daemon Hunters.

While Skull taker I do the same as DuskRaider useing the Plastic Bloodletter, but got him with a green stuff cape cover in skulls.

IP

No love for skulltaker? i suggest you get em, he's just so big its fun.:yes:

Wondering what you guys thought of these ideas for demons. I am set on one, not sure about the other.

Plastic pink horrors: Use wood elf dryads. (I already bought these, so you'll have to wait and see how they turn out, I guess). No leaves obviously, or owls.

Plastic Plagebearers: use plastic ghouls. These are 1/2 as expensive as the PB models. Only downside is to be authentic they really need some rusty blades, not just their hands.

Soul grinder: I have an extra bloodthirster torso and head, grab a sentinal box and use the guns, legs, and exhaust pipes to fashion a big but not huge soul grinder. An amalgemation of metal and plastic. Just hope the legs would be strong enough to hold him up and not have him tip over all the time.

And a random thought- if bloodthirsters have 2 weapons, why don't they get a bonus attack? A space marine with 2 weapons gets a bonus attack, but somehow a 12' long whip doesn't grant it?

Archived