Building my Slaanesh Army

andrewm9

OK so I've got a bunch of Slaanesh models and now I want to build an army from what I've got. I've got 1 Keeper of Secrets (FW version), 80 daemonettes (Diaz sculpts), 12 seekers of Slaanesh, 3 Soulgrinders, 6 Fiends of Slaanesh, and the Masque. Let me tell you getting all that was expensive but hopefully when I am done painting, it will be worth it as the models are gorgeous. I’m not averse to using a few heralds and plan on modeling at least 1 chariot once I’m a little more comfortable with my conversion skills.

I realize that my stat lines are not as good as others in the daemon army, but I'm going to live with that. Plus I spent all that cash to get my sweet looking army. I need some help putting together a decent list at 1500 pts and 2000 points. Any help you learned folk can give me would be much appreciated. I’m looking to be mildly competitive with my themed army. That and I could use a few deployment tips as I can’t wrap my head around the trickle in that daemons do in 40K.

What I've found with my Slaanesh army is to use large squads. The 3 Soul Grinders are a must in an all Slaanesh army as is the Keeper of Secrets.

I've found seekers to be useless at 6 strong, so if you want to take them take a squad of 12!

Fiends are the best Slaanesh unit you have so use all 6 in one unit.

Daemonettes are also needed in large units so I wouldn't go below 12 in a unit, 18 would be better.

Hope that helps and good luck

Agreed, 'nettes and seekers need to be in big squads, 15 for the 'nettes, 12 for the seekers. Fiends can be in smaller units. The keeper is considered the best greater daemon by a lot of folks, so you have something going for you, and fiends are often considered the best elites too, so as long as you rely on those units and not so much on the 'nettes, you stand a good chance.

As others have said, large squads of Daemonettes and Seekers are a must. They just do not have the durability to last long, with a base T3 and 5+ save. Using cover well is a must. You want to get that 4+ cover save badly, and be wary of flamer templates as even the lowly flamer wounds you on 3+.

Slaanesh units in general are low on durability, so you either take numbers (like in 'nette and seeker units) or you deploy them once the field's a little safer (Keepers, Fiends).

The Keeper should have Soporofic Musk and Unholy Might and cost 235. It's a solid Greater Daemon, and very cost-effective. Consider it as part of wave two, as T6 over a 4+ save is not necessarily that durable. See also: Lootas ruining your Greater Daemon.

And, triple Soul Grinders is not a bad idea at all. Triple grinders (with a Mawcannon upgrade), 1-2 Keepers, and then fill out with troops to taste at 1850-2000.

Archived