what to spend 130 pts on?

Cornelias

next weekend i'll be playing a series of games against my mates (the she-devil cat type things are going on a hen night/weekend) :devil: struggling a bit to finalize my list atm. i'll be playing against blood angels,dark angels,daemons and sisters or GK's (he's not sure what he's playing yet) at 1850 pts and sadly i've no idea what their lists are gonna contain. i'm fairly set on the following list......

Lord = 170 pts

wings,daemon weapon,plasma pistol,melta bombs

Havoc Squad = 245 pts

7x CSM, champ

power fist,combi-flamer,2x meltaguns,2x flamers,IOCG,rhino

CSM Squad = 240 pts

9x CSM, champ

power weapon,flamer,meltagun,IOCG,rhino

CSM Squad = 240 pts

9x CSM, champ

power weapon,flamer,meltagun,IOCG,rhino

CSM Squad = 225 pts

9x CSM, champ

power weapon,lascannon,plasmagun,IOCG

Terminator Squad = 155 pts

4x terminators

3x combi-meltas,chainfist,heavy flamer

Terminator Squad = 155 pts

4x terminators

3x combi-meltas,chainfist,heavy flamer

Vindicator = 145 pts

daemonic possession

Vindicator = 145 pts

daemonic possession

total so far 1720

so i'm trying to decide what to spend my last 130 pts on

my thoughts atm are between a sorc with WoC to accompany the havoc squad or either 10 daemons or 2x 5 daemons.

what would you choose and why?

what else would you consider?

I'd agree that either a Winged Daemon Prince or more Terminators would be the best bet.

As a sidenote, I'd lose the Plasma Pistol from your Chaos Lord, giving you some more points to work with. In addition I'd strongly consider upgrading the Flamer/Melta Champion's weapon to a Power Fist.

Lose PP on lord giving you 145 = 3rd vindi.

10 daemons to back uop that havoc squad would be useful.

45 pts for 3 x-armors for rinos, the rest spent on more havocs or termi's

dakka pred + more havocs

Reguardless of what else you buy, I would up those havocs to 9 or 10 b/c armed w meltas and flamers they are going to be in hth.

I would definately lose the lords PP for a havoc, I rarely see a HQ use his PP more the once maybe twice per game.

yeah i probably should lose the PP but he's modeled that way so requires a hand swap heh

can't really go for for a third vindi as i have all 3 HS slots taken already, the lord i plan to ride with the havocs so how does this sound......

remove plasma pistol from lord

add 1 havoc to havoc squad

replace power weapons on the melta/flamer champs with fists

add in an 8 strong unit of daemons

this brings it upto 1844 pts, pretty solid undivided list that should be pretty effective and fluffy at the same time. thx for the help guys i'll be sure to let you all know how i did after next weekend.

list sounds good.

Don't know that you need a handswap, WYSIWYG is usually more concerned with having something that isn't shown then using every piece of equipment show on model.

But if you did want to modify the model, if it's the chaos lord I'm thinking of, it would be easier to just cut off the PP & replace w/ boltpistol as the hand is kind of part of his cape.

Archived