Horus Heresy:Battle Royale:Week 7:Ingo Pech Vs. Iacton Qruze

Its seems its my turn to host this weeks match up.

The previous winners are as follows:

Week One: Skraal

Week Two: Saul Tarvitz

Week Three: Tarik Torgaddon

Week Four: Khârn

Week Five: Sigismund

Week Six: Garro (By 9 votes to 8!!!)

Week Seven: ????

This week:

Ingo Pech Vs. Iacton Qurze

Iacton Qurze: Iacton Qruze, the "half-heard", is a veteran Luna Wolf. He was often regarded as "a reminder of the old days", often saluting the wrong way, and Rogal Dorn called him an Astartes that "should have been retired years ago" as well as "doing anything if meant staying in favour". He is extremely loyal to the Emperor, but for some reason, Horus did not send him to Istvaan III. However, Loken trusts him enough to ask him to guard civilians, and Qruze mellows enough to help the few survivors of a massacre onboard the Vengeful Spirit escape. His last words before he left were "This ship is dead to me." Qruze helps Captain Garro and his Death Guard escape. He is the only known Luna Wolf survivor.

Ingo Pech: Pech is the first company captain of the Alpha Legion. He is said to be almost the exact size of his Primarch and is also supposed to bear a striking resemblance to him as well. Very little is known on his exact actions during and after the heresy.

Who will win???

I would say Ingo Pech , though I am not so sure... However I am not convinced about the fighting capabilities of Iacton he is somewhat idle and careless..

Pech.

The problem is we just don't know the capability of Pech. He is surely a great warrior, given that he is a Captain, but not we just don't know much else. Qurze on the other hand is a veteran warrior, and earns such status rightfully. But this is the problem, he will be more thought-out and tactical, which I don't believe he could beat Pech tactically...I mean the dude is an Alpha Legion.

Hmm....I would have to go for Pech. If he big and scary. It does say that Qurze struggled with Maggard and he was a strippling who wasn't even quite sure how his body worked at that point. Hate to say a traitor would win but I'd have to say Pech :P

Gotta be Ingo Pech.

Being a captain means hes a capable warrior, and a great tactician etc being an alpha legion captain.

Also the size of a Primarch(?) - and Qruze is getting on a bit ^_^

Plus he is kinda old and must go home cuddle some grandchildren

Gotta be Ingo Pech.

Being a captain means hes a capable warrior, and a great tactician etc being an alpha legion captain.

Also the size of a Primarch(?) - and Qruze is getting on a bit :D

Plus he is kinda old and must go home cuddle some grandchildren

i second all of that :D

cheers

Iacton Qruze. I think he's far more wily then you guys are giving him credit for. Also, remember that Alpharius is considerably smaller than all the other Primarchs, much closer to the size of a normal marine. It'd be better stated Pech is just slightly larger than most marines.

I look at this fight as being similar to the one in The 13th Warrior between the older fellow versus the much larger young fellow.

As much as I like the Alpha Legion, I'm going to have to say Qruze would win this one. I think he was looked down upon by his fellow Astartes because of his age and adherence to the old ways, but is actually more "in the game" than they realize. Also, if I remember correctly, Qruze had regained no small measure of vigor when he joined Garro. It wouldn't be an easy fight as you're matching a hugely experienced warrior with a warrior whose whole Legion is about unconventional thinking, but I think that Qruze has the experience to take Pech down.

i say Qruze...

he is old, backward, and slightly outdated when compared to younger, but i have to respect somebody who is made of such strong stuff that he killed half the damn galaxy to get to that old age.

i think qruze has alot more to offer than pech, whose qualities are being sneaky (the bare min for being a alpha legion marine) and looking like his primarch.

and remember, qruze is O.G.

wolf lord kieran

Qruze he lived so long he was part of his legion under the original name he must know a thing or two about hand to hand combat. so what if pech infiltrated a city and captured a psycher that takes a whole diffrent set of abilities than hand to hand combat.

Pech by a long margin, hes the first Captain of his Legion and you dont get to that position without being treble hard no matter how sneaky the Legion is. Given the small scale of Alpha Legion Operations hes also liable to be a lot more Hands On.

Qurze is a joke to the majority of his peers, half senile and going to seed even by his own admission. Indeed, even after the touch of the Saint brought him back some lucidity hes barely able to overcome Maggard who is still getting to grips with an entirely new body...

Pech wont just beat him, he'll Humiliate him :lol:

Qruze is old, real old, even by standards of the Luna wolves that fight with him, so i'd say he's guna have to be double hard to last that long! i mean, he's not guna go down easy when he's been fighting for hundreds of years and still goin strong, and as for the Maggard thing, he was totally mind blown that pretty much his whole legion has just betrayed the Emperor and slaughtered a bunch of Civi's and virus bombed there own brothers, come on wouldn't you be a bit spaced out?

You may have guessed that i vote Qruze.

Pech.

He would set up a hologramatic projector of himself, Iacton would be like 'Is that you, young man?' and then when he had to take his medication, Pech would slip him some extra little something-something.

I strongly suspect Pech would win this one by a long way. Qruze is a capable fighter, but little more anymore. Pech, on the other hand is an Astartes in his prime, ruthless and skilled and Captain of the 1st Company of a Legion.

I´d say Pech, as he´s a First Captain, bigger and younger than the Luna Wolf...But then I think about Qruze and I´m not that sure; he allowed himself to decay and to fall to senility, but once he got into action and had some warming-up with Maggard, he was again almost at his 100%. Plus, Iacton has something I doubt Pech would have: the commitment to win at all costs, no matter the odds, and probably he wouldn´t care to die if that´s the price for his ultimate victory.

This said, I say Iacton by a really small margin.

Pech would just obliterate Iacton, Iacton almost lost to Maggard and he isn't even astartes so Pech would win definetly.

oh yeah funny thing the word "pech" is dutch for bad luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived