Who fights with who?

the title says it all

but just to add to it the reason i ask is that if i was to collect a Pre-heresy army it would have to be a join of a lot of legions (heres a list and why i chose them):

Imperial Fists (i love the gold armour)

Luna Wolves (i love Loken and the mournovial but would proably only take Loken and his lot)

Alpha Legion (love the spies/secrecy/etc.)

Emperors Children (love Fulgrim, love colour scheme and love strive for perfection)

Blood Angels (love Sanguinius and love how the were very pure)

and then these are iffy choices:

Salamanders (army i collect at the moment)

Iron Warriors (love they fight long range but don't like colour)

Space Wolves (they are mental :confused:)

thanks

Athiair ;)

the title says it all

but just to add to it the reason i ask is that if i was to collect a Pre-heresy army it would have to be a join of a lot of legions (heres a list and why i chose them):

Imperial Fists (i love the gold armour)

Luna Wolves (i love Loken and the mournovial but would proably only take Loken and his lot)

Alpha Legion (love the spies/secrecy/etc.)

Emperors Children (love Fulgrim, love colour scheme and love strive for perfection)

Blood Angels (love Sanguinius and love how the were very pure)

and then these are iffy choices:

Salamanders (army i collect at the moment)

Iron Warriors (love they fight long range but don't like colour)

Space Wolves (they are mental :D)

thanks

Athiair :Ds

Imperial Fists - A large portion of the legion was sent to relieve the siege of Isstvan III but was lost in warp storms and as they emerged were ambushed by the Iron Warriors who were hoping to cripple their ships to stop them reaching Terra. The remainder of the legion under Dorn went to Terra to present Captain Garro to the Emperor personally.

Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus - Were present at Isstvan III and V, then went straight to Terra

Alpha Legion - were sent by Horus to stall the White Scars and Space Wolves. Dorn (who was now supreme commander of all Imperial forces) ordered the White Scars ignore the Alpha Legion and withdraw to Terra who did so. The Space wolves who had just ended the siege of Prospero however suffered heavy losses to Alpharius Omegon, who succesfully stalled the Space Wolves.

The Emperors Children - Were present at Isstvan III and V, then went straight to Terra with Horus. During the siege under the Daemon-Fulgrim they got bored of waiting for the walls of collapse so instead butchered Earth's civilians.

Blood Angels - Were sent by Horus into an ambush at Signus Prime which was ruled by a Slaaneshi greater Daemon. The Blood Angels suffered Heavy losses to the Daemonic Horde. Ka'bandha a Greater Daemon of Khorne offered Sanguinius daemonic power in return for him becoming a champion of Khorne, Sanguinius refused and the daemon broke both his legs then retired allowing Sanguinius to live. The Blood Angels then retreated to Terra and fought in the siege. Sanguinius later held the Eternity Gate by himself when no one else had the heart to fight on, this is when he fought Ka'bandha again and broke the daemon over his knee.

Salamanders - the legion was decimated at Isstvan V and Vulkan near killed. Not sure if they were at the siege of Terra buts its possible.

Iron Warriors - Set off from Isstvan V and ambushed the Imperial Fists in an attempt to cripple their fleet preventing them from reinforcing Terra. They then proceded to Terra and Perturabo directed the siege.

Space Wolves - Were sent by the Emperor/Horus (some sources claim it was the Emperor, whilst others claim it was Horus) to besiege the Thousand Sons on Prospero. A fierce battle ensued with heavy losses on both sides. After a long and hard duel with Magnus the Red, Leman Russ eventually triumphed. Magnus gave into the embrace of Tzeentch and with the City of Light and his legion were dragged through the Warp to the Great Eye. The Space Wolves then attempted to make it to Terra but were ambushed by the Alpha Legion who prevented the Wolves from making it to Terra.

I hope thats what you wanted to know :D

You havent said the time period. Do you mean Pre, Mid or Post Heresy?

Yes he did, Great Crusade Era <_<

A Task force of two or three Legions isnt unheard of, especially with the Luna Wolves who fought alongside most Legions for a time. What id reccomend is picking two of the Legions you like there, then add Loken and Command Squad (Or Tactical Squad) as an observer/messenger whos up for a ruction. More than three Legions and you start to lose coherency in the army really (Unless its really big!).

ok here is my idea of what i would take

1000 points of Luna Wolves (Gaviel Loken prob 2 Tacs 1 Assault and Command Squad with rest of points hopefully on Pred)

1000 points of Imperial Fists (2 Tacs shooty and then devs with a captain shooty and preds/raiders or termies)

1000 points of Blood Angels (Assault Squads if i could use the BA codex if not as comabty as possible and a captain in both)

1000 points of Emperors Children (just tac squads and some termies and a captain)

i would be planning to have 4 1000 points playable armies so 8 Troops and 4 HQs at least

but as it is apoc i could just forget that with the Imperial Fists (just take HS and maybe 1 Termie units) and the Blood Angels (if i can't take the Ba codex and just take Assault Marines)

and lastly what rules should i use should i use the marine codex

but if i use the marine codex then i shurley some of the units i couldn't take could you please advise me on that

thanks

Athiair ;)

sorry to post twice i don't want this to count as boosting sorry if it does count

but i just want to say that i have written down the first 1000 points (which is the Luna Wovles quarter)

here it is

Captain Loken w/Bolter, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs

Command Squad w/Standard, Champion, Flamer

10 man Tactical Squad w/Meltagun, Heavy Bolter

10 man Tactical Squad w/Flamer, Missile Launcher

10 man Assault Squad w/2 Flamers, Pair of Lightning Claws, Melta Bombs

Predator w/Twin-linked Lascannon, Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolter

what do you think?

i wanted to keep it balanced i will explain my choices

Captain and Command Squad nice combat unit FNP and a powerful character

2 tactical squads both have combination of weapons can take out tanks and scores of men and gives me 2 objective holders

assault squad antoehr comabt unit that will get forward and wipe the enemy objective holders for one of my tacs to sit themselves on

Predator can again take out both tanks and men (more suited to men but it has some uses against tanks)

hope you like it i will be working on other 1000 points but i still would like your opinion on if i should take the Blood Angels with their own codex or the marine codex

and if the latter should i field them as if in apocalypse and take a load of assualt marines

same with IF but with devs

but the counterargument for that is that i can then take each 1000 points as a single army depending on the opposition

thanks in advance

Athiair :P

ps. i am not one for Apocalypse datasheets apart from 1 man/vehcicle things so 1000

IIRC the small Raven guard elements (not entire legion) were posted to the Luna wolves to help their campaigns sometimes (I seem to remember reading that horus' tally of victories was so high only because of the raven guards help)

The Emperor's children legion was also attached to the Luna wolves when they were still rebuilding their legions strength.

The Alpha legion was said to often work with Horus as Alpharius/ :blink: was closer to horus than the emperor.

The Iron Warriors often worked with the Imperial Fists (strange as that may seem), though the IWs would say the IFs got all the credit.

The Imperial Fists would often be used as a stategic reserve for Horus ready to plug a hole in the defense, counterattack or exploit a breakthrough in the enemy lines

The Death Guard would often be used in conjunction with other legions, with the immovable DG serving as an anvil and the other legion acting as a hammer to smash the enemy upon.

Space Wolves fought alongside the Dark Angels at one point if IIRC which resulted in a fight between their primarchs after the victory.

There was a good mention in one of the HH novels of a big joint operation of several legions in the Ullanor crusade against the orks

There are more recorded joint actions but I can't seem to remember anymore right now.

Archived