where's the good miniatures

4strsdagr

hey Iwas wondering why there is a limitted selection of miniatueres on the gamesworkshop website. Do I have to go to other countries websites to get the good minis. I am looking for the most original looking minis I can find. I can't find anything that is originas inthe store in Spring field. somone give me some clues! :D

Welcome to the bolter and chainsword 4strsdgr. Are you asking where to get the pre-hersey models? Because if that is what you mean when you say "the most original minis" then im afraid that gamesworkshop doesnt actually make them anymore. If your asking about 'unique' looking models then you will have to get blister packs most likely to get somthing unique (or try your hand at converting). Hope that was of some help in your question (if not have a go at posting this question in the general area for some more diverse andswers).

Cheers, Messanger

N.B. some models get discontinued after awhile such as the old daemonettes and bloodletters, it is just apart of the running a buisness.

If you're looking for "original" looking minis, then look no further than the space marine "armour through the ages set" admittedly you don't get many figures, but it provides a useful base for conversions of the existing loyalist space marines.

If you want mk IV armour then a good start is the forge world red scorpions range. Easily convertable into Mk 5 armour also (add studs on shoulder plates and legs)

I believe that the current tactical squads contain mk 6 corvus (beaky) armour, which predates some of the other suits by quite a margin and is "more original"

In fact, if you're looking for Pre-Heresy Bitz, you'll find that the current miniatures range is full of them. Little Pre-Heresy Bitz guide...

-The Iron Warriors upgrade pack contains corrupted Mk2 and Mk3 helmets,

-the Iron Warrior Warsmith is wearing (for the most part) a heavily corrupted Mk3 suit,

-the new sternguard veterans have Mk5 (legs) and Mk6 Bitz,

-the new Chapter Masters are wearing parts of ancient armour, containing a nigh-full Mk3 suit,

-the Khorne Berserkers have a couple of corrupted old (Mk2?) helmets,

-the standard tactical Marine Box contains Mk6 helmets, studded shoulder pads, plus Mk5 torsos, Mk6 legs and what looks like an Mk6 torso without cabling,

-the Forge World Red Scorpions veterans are wearing Mk4 armour (at least the helmets and the torsos),

-the new Black Reach boxed set features a pair of Mk4 legs and a MK5 helmet,

-the special pack "armour through the ages" (available over mail order) contains a full Mk1 suit, a full Mk3 suit, and Mk2, Mk4 and Mk5 suits without arms, all metal models from the 1st Edition (Rogue Trader era),

-the new Ultramarine Veteran Sergeant Chronos is wearing what appears to be an upgraded Mk3 suit

-one of the helmets from the Chaos Space Marines box looks a bit Mk5ish (though I wouldn't use it), plus the box contains a Mk5 torso (or so I'm told)

-the Forge World Death Guard Upgrade pack features what looks like a HEAVILY corrupted form of special Mk2 or Mk3 armour, with parts of Mk5 armour mixed in,

-the Black Templars upgrade pack contains a Mk4 helmet and torso,

-etc. (keep looking, there's probably more I've forgotten or don't know about...)

hope this helps...

--Ufthak--

Archived