Line Breaker Squadron! (pic heavy)

Rottimus

Hello,

The following is my newly built and converted Linebreaker Squadron! I love vindicators for many reasons, one being that I love cityfighting.

Anyway please take a look and feel free to add praise or criticism. Also, they are still a WIP so feel free to throw some ideas for improvement/change my way.

I've tried to give each tank a bit of personality, a character. So here goes:

The Squadron

gallery_34407_3363_219456.jpg

gallery_34407_3363_168086.jpg

The Hellbender

With this tank I tried to go 'gothic/ancient' and added chains etc. While it may look chaosy now I'm going to paint flames onto the dozer blade. I think it will turn out nicely.

gallery_34407_3363_111881.jpg

gallery_34407_3363_157882.jpg

Homewrecker

With this beast I went for an urban feel. I want it to look like a tank that's been through a bit of fighting in its time. I also wanted to convey a feeling of 'post apocalism' with the hodge podge repairing of the dozer blade

gallery_34407_3363_143829.jpg

gallery_34407_3363_231667.jpg

gallery_34407_3363_137744.jpg

The Durance of Hate

Now... this tank is my favourite. I've always liked the idea of crucifying something on the dozer blade. Its pretty grotesque but I like it. I think it conveys the madness and evil of my tank commander! :-)

gallery_34407_3363_176063.jpg

gallery_34407_3363_289900.jpg

gallery_34407_3363_230903.jpg

gallery_34407_3363_58580.jpg

Thanks for looking!

P.S - Pictures always have a way of highlighting mold lines. I shall take care of them :-)

i agree the one with the brass dozer is great, it blends in so nicely with the overall design. the corpse is great too, with its guts spilling out.

I wondered what to do with those brass plates...very good idea!

I love the guys stuck on the 3rd one...really gives it character.

I got to see these when they're done...

Joe

Thanks for those replies

These will be a challenge to paint but fun.

Those brass plates have been sitting around for ages so.. finally found a decent use for them

feel free to copy, I always thought that's what they were for even tho they came with the basing kit.

I feel like the middle of the dozer blade on the third vindicator is slightly empty. I've resisted so far... I don't want to overcomplicate

things but if someone suggests something cool I'd be glad to hear it.

I think you should make the crucified marine a red corsair... but thats just me.

As for the middle one I think youll like it more when its painted... the repairs will definitely fill up that space.

Archived