Nurgle Lord on Daemonic Mount

Long ago I started my own little Nurgle warband with a converted Celestine. After seeing some questionable female models which I will keep personal opinions out of, I decided it was time for a change and abandoned that project. My first Nurgle HQ was a Terminator armored Sorcerer that I got bits for on Christmas. That, after filleting my finger and cursing for close to an hour, turned into this.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/DSC00195.jpg

Sure, that's cool. Actually it's frakking sweet, but not what I came here for. I started thinking about it, and I needed a Lord. Not just so I could have another HQ, but so I could give my ship, the Galatea (also known as the Yersinia Pestis)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/DSC00005.jpg

a proper Captain. I went through the GW library of models, both past and current, and decided on one thing. The coolest thing I could do is give my Lord a horse. A horse that he rides on his bridge. I don't care what anyone says, a Nurgle lord on the bridge of a starship on a horse is the single coolest thing in the universe. And he could teleport attack to the enemy ship, riding down the halls, impaling poor imperial crewman and shooting hot plasma at any exposed tubing or panels. That's awesome. That's more awesome that Abaddon. Besides, that guy had what? 13 consecutive Black Crusades that all failed? He kind of sucks. No, he does. Then I saw this

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/m1900118_99110201207_WoCLordDaemoni.jpg

Sweet Nurgle, that is an incredible model. And it's so grimdark that...wow. So I got it. I said to hell with paying off credit cards, I gotta have it. A few bits, some Taco Bell and 2 shots of tequila later, and this is what I came up with.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/4dfc39377fe84c0a39307c59a86acbe1a9e.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/4b902ae25161ad2c2f727758d773ba9f8d3.jpg

It's still very much a WIP. In time it'll get a proper calvary base, or at least the rounded 40k ones, and more rats. And zombies. And a spear, bolter, and some other goodies. If I remember to do so, I'll post updates. Right now I'm making a 14 man Havoc Squad for a guy on the Something Awful forums, and that's my priority. Keep checking the thread, though, post comments, and let me know why in the hells there is suck a huge gap in this horse. The torso bits fit together like a Khadoran warjack.

P.S. Props to the SomethingAwful Goons for getting me back into this hobby and making me buy this completely unnecessary model when I already have 4000 points of Tyranids.

Edit: Does anyone have a spare Large Magnetic bike base from GF9?

Yes that is the helmet that comes with the Chaos Marines Box. I have about three of them lying next to me, why show me yours in detail? Oo

The Goons demanded it, and I was too lazy to change my post from SA ^_^

i'm not that fond of the plasmagun, maybe have it hung from his belt and give him a pointing comanding finger?

Nah, it's a hard to find OOP plasma pistol, and he's gotta have that gun. Maybe I could swap it out with one of Cypher's, but I just live that old rustic look.

Fantastic conversion, it's so simple but so good and I love your idea description. I've been considering getting that model just for its awesomeness. A couple things though, I think you should move the plasma pistol forward so it doesn't look like the handle is in the middle of it. I t just seems off to me. Also you might want to consider adding a backpack and bulkerizing the legs to a bit more powerarmory size. Great job though!

Fantastic conversion, it's so simple but so good and I love your idea description. I've been considering getting that model just for its awesomeness. A couple things though, I think you should move the plasma pistol forward so it doesn't look like the handle is in the middle of it. I t just seems off to me. Also you might want to consider adding a backpack and bulkerizing the legs to a bit more powerarmory size. Great job though!

My end plan is to make a 40k force by using WHFB bits. Helmets and weapons from 40k, but all old looking parts, no fancy backpacks, no fancy terminator armor, just old parts. Get a few dozen Beastmen, add Cadian torsos to them and some lasguns, call it a day. With some converting of course. The Lightning Claw is still not set in stone, something makes me unhappy, and I will have to figure out what that is before I go any farther. Regardless, it's still a very early WiP, we'll see how it goes from here.

My end plan is to make a 40k force by using WHFB bits. Helmets and weapons from 40k, but all old looking parts, no fancy backpacks, no fancy terminator armor, just old parts. Get a few dozen Beastmen, add Cadian torsos to them and some lasguns, call it a day. With some converting of course. The Lightning Claw is still not set in stone, something makes me unhappy, and I will have to figure out what that is before I go any farther. Regardless, it's still a very early WiP, we'll see how it goes from here.

That sounds like a freaking awesome idea and now I do understand your whole conversion better. Have you thought about giving this guy a retinue of converted WHFB Chaos Knights on horses?

And as what will you field the whole army later on?

Hmm... You make me itch all over to rethink my project of building a small Lost and the Damned - Force... You bastard ;)

That sounds like a freaking awesome idea and now I do understand your whole conversion better. Have you thought about giving this guy a retinue of converted WHFB Chaos Knights on horses?

Maybe i'll just count them as Jump Packs and call it even. Who knows. Eventually i'll have Beastmen driving Leman Russes....

the concept of a Lord on a horse is fine, but your execution is rather weak. he doesnt look like he's looking in the same direction as the plasma pistol for one. his lightning claw hand is just down by his side, making him seem not only shooting off in a random direction, but also like he's not doing anything. the model does not look like someone who would ride down the hall of a ship tearing it apart... he looks like he doesnt know how he got on the horse.

also, being for 40k, you definitely need to "tech" him up a lot more. you didnt even put a space marine backpack on him. granted you said you werent finished, but unless this is a regularly updated thread, theres no point showing anything that doesnt have a clear direction. at least in terms of artistic direction or conceptual process, it needs some work.

sorry to be such a bummer, but i figure you would definitely prefer someone giving it to you straight, rather than a surface "oh thats nice" kinda comment. hope it helps!

the concept of a Lord on a horse is fine, but your execution is rather weak. he doesnt look like he's looking in the same direction as the plasma pistol for one. his lightning claw hand is just down by his side, making him seem not only shooting off in a random direction, but also like he's not doing anything. the model does not look like someone who would ride down the hall of a ship tearing it apart... he looks like he doesnt know how he got on the horse.

also, being for 40k, you definitely need to "tech" him up a lot more. you didnt even put a space marine backpack on him. granted you said you werent finished, but unless this is a regularly updated thread, theres no point showing anything that doesnt have a clear direction. at least in terms of artistic direction or conceptual process, it needs some work.

sorry to be such a bummer, but i figure you would definitely prefer someone giving it to you straight, rather than a surface "oh thats nice" kinda comment. hope it helps!

If you had taken your time to read his posts, you would understand why the thing is not as "teched" up as you might want it to be.

If you had taken your time to read his posts, you would understand why the thing is not as "teched" up as you might want it to be.

Yeah, I didn't want them to be straight up Chaos Space Marines, I was hoping for more of a fantasy look. for a good number of the models. Is it dull? Sure, do I have options? Hell no. I'm poor with reposing and greenstuff, and you know what? I like it. Of course it it turns out the Chaos Knights are larger than this guy, I may need to rework my plan.....

yeh i know why. i aplogize if i came across as ignorant of his reason. what i meant want, mixing a plasma pistol in with normal chaos marine armour doesnt stay true to that idea either. just saying if u want a very WFB feel, think of things that would kinda be able to "counts as". if you want plasma pistol, why not push the concept further.

yeh i know why. i aplogize if i came across as ignorant of his reason. what i meant want, mixing a plasma pistol in with normal chaos marine armour doesnt stay true to that idea either. just saying if u want a very WFB feel, think of things that would kinda be able to "counts as". if you want plasma pistol, why not push the concept further.

Criticism wise, this ain't at all ignorant. I agree, you should go for a fantasy type of warrior with a 40k twist. To go with the whole dark knight feel your going for, add some subtle but noticable add-ons. For example, you could add a wooden stock to the plasma gun, convert the horses armored helmet into a Death Korps of Kreig type of horse gas-mask with corrupted knight embroidery and insignia, use ork stikkbombs for the frag grenades to add to the rough and rugged look of the Deathguard, give him a flipdown faceguard like dark age knights had on their helms, add some guitar string pipes and wires eminating from under the pauldrons leaking vile ooze and puss, etc. Small add-ons like these are all the changes you need to really pull off a conversion. Hope I've helped you a bit, and good luck in your endeavor! Looks great so far, and I can't wait to see more!

Criticism wise, this ain't at all ignorant. I agree, you should go for a fantasy type of warrior with a 40k twist. To go with the whole dark knight feel your going for, add some subtle but noticable add-ons. For example, you could add a wooden stock to the plasma gun, convert the horses armored helmet into a Death Korps of Kreig type of horse gas-mask with corrupted knight embroidery and insignia, use ork stikkbombs for the frag grenades to add to the rough and rugged look of the Deathguard, give him a flipdown faceguard like dark age knights had on their helms, add some guitar string pipes and wires eminating from under the pauldrons leaking vile ooze and puss, etc. Small add-ons like these are all the changes you need to really pull off a conversion. Hope I've helped you a bit, and good luck in your endeavor! Looks great so far, and I can't wait to see more!

yes, this is kinda what i meant. ie, push it farther

"I saw a pale horse, and on him his rider was named Death, and all Hell followed with him" B)

ooh, nice one! ^_^

back on topic

I really like the look of this idea, Guard/Beastmen regiment, huh? nice idea...

I love your commander, he just looks completely-sodding awesome! what's your colour scheme planned?

That reminds me, that Claw on his left hand does look stationary, but then again, so does the horse...

anyway, good work!

Arenis

Yeah. still fooling around with other ideas. A lot left to do, a lot more things that can be changed. I just like the idea of Techno-Barbarians. They are loosely assembled, and with any luck I can get some wires and cables to have plugged in and out of random places. We'll see what happens later. Now I gotta go to work, some private party for someone, I think. They don't tell me these things.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/1cbcb08a580599162e89f39d4603bd747fc.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/aadf8eb0404972daef7b076b5adeb4b32d0.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/7thBatallion/fc12518f9f64de4d7fb99704b2e4b07f022.jpg

P.S. If you're not offended by foul language, the occasional 4chan meme, and having nonconstructive criticism in a fun and playful manner, check out the 40k thread on the SA forums. That's my home away from home.

convert the horses armored helmet into a Death Korps of Kreig type of horse gas-mask with corrupted knight embroidery and insignia, add some guitar string pipes and wires eminating from under the pauldrons leaking vile ooze and puss, etc. Small add-ons like these are all the changes you need to really pull off a conversion. Hope I've helped you a bit, and good luck in your endeavor! Looks great so far, and I can't wait to see more!

I really like the horse armored helmet idea ( I like the rest as well), maybe you should try a little something? Who knows it may come out better than you hope. ;)

Archived