CSM in combat

BoonKin

Hello folks I am not sure is this the right place to ask a quick question:

I was reading the codex the other day and I noticed that CSM doesnt have ATSKNF rule. Does this mean that when CSM loses combat in the assault phase, they can be 'wiped' out by sweeping advance?

Need some clarification on this. Thanks :huh:

Hello folks I am not sure is this the right place to ask a quick question:

I was reading the codex the other day and I noticed that CSM doesnt have ATSKNF rule. Does this mean that when CSM loses combat in the assault phase, they can be 'wiped' out by sweeping advance?

Need some clarification on this. Thanks :huh:

Oh yes... Unless they are Fearless or some such (where they take the wounds like normal)

First they have to lose (if they do, you did something wrong anyway), then you have to fail 2 rolls at Ld 10 (with champ and IoCG).

In 10+ yrs of playing chaos undivided (now IoCG) I can count the # of times I've fled from combat on one hand and have a finger or 2 left over. And 2 of those times were back when Solitare and his harlies were made entirely of cheez and Solitare could hit you w/ about 20 PW attacks by himself.

And I've played against DE plenty of times.

Fabius Bile and his enhancements make them fearless.

Chaos Space Marines as standard get +1 leadership compared to loyalists, and the potential to have larger units, with durability through icons.

Even an offensive icon can be defensive, like slaanesh icon helping you strike ahead of other marines and the like.

Icon of glory makes your leadership cheaply more durable to fleeing then most ATSKNF units.

Our models have bolter, pistol, and close combat weapons where loyalists lack the CCW's, so any mode of combat is good for them.

My marines dont run much, average roll between two dice is 7, and with a 10 your looking at a defecit negative of 4-10, where 2 and 3 is as rare as a 11 and 12. Two results out of 10, 1/5 chance, without negative modifiers. Add reroll to that, and you get the idea of how they stand.

I have unfortunately seen CSM units with IoCG run several times in 5th Edition. Just try losing combat by 4+ and rolling a 6 or under two times in a row. It ain't that easy. Definately makes considering which icon you are going to take seriously if they are going to see HtH during the game!

That, combined with the fact that Cult units don't cost that much more and can take 2 special weapons at unit size <10, make normal CSM a little less desireable in this latest edition IMO.

I still paint 'em up just for theme and variety, though.

- Blackbone

First they have to lose (if they do, you did something wrong anyway), then you have to fail 2 rolls at Ld 10 (with champ and IoCG).

In 10+ yrs of playing chaos undivided (now IoCG) I can count the # of times I've fled from combat on one hand and have a finger or 2 left over. And 2 of those times were back when Solitare and his harlies were made entirely of cheez and Solitare could hit you w/ about 20 PW attacks by himself.

And I've played against DE plenty of times.

Don't get ahead of yourself i have witnessed a Ld10 Spacemarine squad running from the field after having lost 0 wounds. It wasn't in cc but how often does that happen (Holy Prometheum)

Archived