Bat rep

ExarPucc

Did a 2v1 battle earlier today. My daemons vs a younger player and his friend. I thought it could be a great learning experience for them and myself, given that I've played a total of 3 games so far with my daemons and those were all at 750 points.

So in using every daemon model I own currently, I mustered up the following list

Bloodthirster

Skulltaker

Herald of Khorne on Jug

Bloodletters x14

Daemonettes x10

Plaguebearers x5

Flamers x6

Soul Grinder

They had (this is from memory)

SM -

4x Tact squad x5 (yes, it wasn't 2x10...he had nothing but bolters)

LRC

MotF w/ harness, 4 or 5 servitors

TFC

Nids -

Warriors x3

Termagaunts x?

Hormagaunts x?

Carinfex

Genestealers x8

Ripper swarm x3 or 4 bases

I don't remember how many of what gaunts there were. Just that they existed.

We rolled up a capture and control ala pitched battle. We were playing on one of the new modular tables, and we each placed our bases within the middle tiles, each at our right handed sides behind some fencing that the table had.

They deployed out everything, and took turn one. The general strategy they decided upon was to keep the TFC with the MotF and servitors in the center and use that as a strong firebase. The nids would run around trying to a)make it to my objective and b)kill my units.

SM/Nids Turn 1-

They spread out. Their central firebase is surrounded by both units of gaunts and the steelers. To their back right flank sits the LRC and the fex. To the left in some ruins is a 5 man tact and the ripper swarms. They mostly march forward and outward to the flanks and spread out.

Daemons Turn 1-

My first wave was the Thirster, Skulltaker, the letters, and grinder. It was what I picked, and fate was on my side.

The thirster landed right where I placed him, on my left of the table, several inches behind a building that he fit perfectly behind. The grinder landed in the middle of the table right on target as well, maybe 18 inches away from the firebase of doom. The bloodletters and skulltaker both DSed on the right side, and both scattered to end up right next to each other and within range to launch an assault the following turn. A little more agressive than I wanted, but I'd take what I could get.

Looking for it's closest target, the grinder opened fire with Phlegm targeting the stealers. From their position I had all 8 targeted, but scattering caused my to merely clip the group but hit some gaunts. In the end, 3 gaunts bit the dust along with two stealers. End turn 1.

SM/Nids Turn 2 -

After some quick measuring, it was found both gaunt units were out of synapse range of the warriors. Both units headed towards the warriors needing to find that wonderful love that emanates from the Brood's hive mind. The LRC pull a quick about face and felt that it needed to get closer to the center of the table, and dropped off the 5 marines inside to cover their base. (they didn't realize servitors weren't scoring units). The shooting began, and the TFC manged to score some 16 hits on the letters. After all the dice were rolled and the dust settled, I lost 12 to that thing alone. A few bolter shots and what not later, it was skulltaker and just 4 blood letters left.

Daemons Turn 2-

For reserves I had my plaguebearers and daemonettes arrive. The nettes landed right next to the letters as they still had their icon up. The bearers landed slightly off course from my home objective, but were able to run to it in the following phase. I proceeded to move my thirster forward out from his hiding spot to right in front of the 3 brood warriors. The grinder marched forward a wee bit shot his vomit at the unit of stealers standing in his path. Taking several out, he charged in the next phase. The thirster also assault the warriors, and the remaining letters and Skulltaker ran right into a unit of 5 marines who decided to rapid fire the previous round.

The thirster threw out 3 wounds, and took none in return. The grinder failed to wound any stealers, but given that the stealers were not upgraded, took no damage in return. The final combat came out as any would have predicted, the bloodletters cleaning up quickly dispatching the 5 marines.

Sorry to make this a cliffhanger, but I'll finish it tomorrow.

SM/Nids Turn 3 -

Movement was rather uneventful. The Fex charged towards my table edge, the gaunts ran around, and the marines stayed put.

For shooting, the TFC targeted the nettes this time, but due to my spacing from the previous turn, and horrible scatter rolls on my opponents part, he only took out 3 or 4 of the 10. The rest of the servitors and marines shot up the bloodletters, leaving just the icon bearer and Skulltaker with 1 wound. The assault phase came around, the Thirster managed to throw out 4 wounds against the warriors, so they all died. He consoldated towards the enemy objective making it about 14 inches away, with some gaunts standing in his path. The grinder also managed to hit with all his attacks, and wiped out the stealers.

Daemons Turn 3 -

For reserves only the Herald came in. Alas, my flamers would have been quite usefull this turn. I placed him over by the daemonettes. The bloodthirster didn't move given he was going to need to charge into the gaunts before he could make it towards the enemy's objective. The nettes and letters all moved forward a bit, the nettes getting into position to charge 5 marines that were sitting in cover picking off my letters the entire game. Shooting phase was rather entertaining. The Grinder shot at the TFC and managed to hit all the servitors, the TCF, MotF, and the Tech marine. Some dice rolls later, what was the all important firebase of marine/nid army was now just a single MotF. In the assault phase, the nettes charged the marines and the thirster the gaunts. The nettes wiped out he marines with 3 rending and 4 nonrending attacks. The thirster managed only 3 wounds on the gaunts, but that was enough to scare them off and they returned nothing. Failing morale they turned to run but an initiative check later, the unit was gone.

SM/Nid turn 4-

The phone rings and their ride is on their way. Alas, game is a draw as we both hold our own objectives uncontested. Talk about a tease.

Given the lack of their firebase and synapse creatures, I feel the game was going downhill quickly. Yes, there was an unwounded fex and a LRC running around still, ultimately I wasn't concerned given the 6 flamers I still had in reserves.

I hope to have pictures for any other reports I have. This was all done off memory and turn 3 was written after I had slept all night. I know some things are a little foggy in regards to details, but I'll hopefully get better details next time.

Archived