[Daemon review] Fast Attack.

Captain Malachi

Furies, for me, fall into another one of those "basically pointless units." Wings is nice, but not really necessary in a DS army. Furthermore, they don't hit hard at all and can be killed off easily enough.

Sorry guys, haven't been as up to date with this as I should have been.

How's this?

Furies of chaos:

The only truly undivided unit in the codex, the main thing they bring is speed, as you’d expect from a fast attack unit. They have the invulnerable save all daemons get, and have a couple of attacks each at a decent strength. They also have a decent toughness, so at least they won’t die as quick as seekers.

The problem is the only thing they do better than our more dedicated close combat troops is tarpit and move. The movement issue isn’t all that important simply because the army deepstrikes, so has little need for speed. As for tarpitting, they’re just too expensive in most cases. We feel they can have a use in certain situations, mostly when you really need the speed, but otherwise they’re a bit over costed for what you actually get.

I think that's fine by me, perhapse mention that the main thing they lack, as with bloodhounds, is rending, and thus making seekers a superior choice.

I think role division....there's not much to say about grinders, but they do come in 3 variants. Inevitably, a lot of mathshammer need to be employed.

Soul Grinders are heavy support, and this is the fast attack thread.

:tu:

Archived