One Last Adventure

Tyear

Chapter 1: A Call for Aid.

Lord Maskian patted the head of his cane, his fingers curling across the golden skull he had placed atop it. The head of a xenos it was, the Inquisitor rose from his throne, holding the cane to support his left leg, it had never healed properly after a fight within a Genestealer cult hideout. He groaned softly, feeling his ribs as he breathed, so old had his body grown in the service of He on Terra, the old man turned. Wiping away one strand of grey hairs that had dangled in front of his face, his eyes turned to the vox-caster on his desk and he pressed the button as it had been ringing for three full minutes. "Yes?", he answered, coughing slightly, "Inquisitor Maskian a delegation of the Ordo Hereticus is outside", he nodded absently until he realized none could see him. "Send them in", he answered his most prized student, a young woman he had picked up during a raid on a Hive.

The young woman was dressed in a tight full-form fitting body-suit, her head was shaved nearly bald, only one long strand of black hair hung across her shoulder. The same type of hair as her master, she had done it as a sign of faithfulness to him. She walked in followed by two large armored species of Man, or perhaps it would be better said, Super Men, these were Astartes, Space Marines and their ceramite shone with the glow of many days of polish. The smell of their armor filled Maskian's mind with the images of better days, of better times. He smiled softly as he stared at Brother Arkos and Demos, both had been loaned from their parent chapters. The Nova Marines and Ultramarines respectively. Only their right shoulderpad still showed the linage of their parent chapters. For now they were Deathwatch, the sword arm of the Ordo Xenos.

He nodded to his two 'friends', if such things could be said for Astartes, most never became more then distant companions, always aloof, always looking for danger. But he trusted these two men with his life, clutched in their mighty fists were the weapons of the Space Marines, ancient and complex weapons they held their bolters reverently, both used by a thousand before them and a thousand after their fall these were the weapons of the Deathwatch. Then he spotted the tall figure, Maskian himself had been quite a large built man in his younger years, though it was not visible from him now, but this man who stood in the opened doorway so resembled himself Maskian took a step back.

Dressed in power armor he strode forward, his face was pristine, his eyes narrowed and his brow giving him a kind look. Though it could clearly quickly turn to rage, on his sides an ornate set of power swords were in their sheaths, "Inquisitor Lord Maskian, I am Inquistor Asin, I have been ordered by my Master Inquisitor Lord Gerin to ask for your help", Maskian's face cringed, he had crossed blades, in a manner of speaking, with Gerin once before. The man was a member of the Ordo Hereticus, the arm that protected the Imperium from within. "What does he require my service for. He should ask the Adeptus Soritas for assistance if he desires it..", he hissed, returning behind his desk. Serin moved to his side, her own hand comfortably resting on her power sword's hilt, Maskian smiled, the girl knew her ways of saying things without speaking.

Asin sighed, "He assumed you would react as this, Lord Maskian, my Master wishes your aid for he has discovered a union of Cultists, closely tied to the Word Bearer legion and the filthy Eldar", Maskian narrowed his eyes, "..The Eldar do not aid Chaos..", he said softly, "..my master knows this, but they threaten to overthrow the balance beneath the Hive they are fighting under", the man nodded softly. "Then he wishes for my arm to protect the people and to defeat these Eldar.. and what will he do.. hmm, he has been unsuccessful in destroying the Cult hasn't he?", Asin held back a curse and nodded. "The Eldar continue to get in our way, they set traps and filter us useless information", Maskian grinned, yes the Eldar would do that.

He stood up and crossed his hands behind his back, the cane supporting him there, "Which world?", he asked softly, seeming to be interested more and more. "Ivantus IX", the young man answered, the Inquisitor nodded. He had rooted out an Eldar outpost there before. Many years before though, he ran his fingers across the golden skull and nodded. "We will go, tell your Master", he walked over the massive form of Brother Arkos, "Brother Arkos, you may prepare your men. We travel to Ivantus IX, I trust you remember it", the Inquisitor tapped his cane against the large cut deep into ceramite, right near Arkos' heart, "..The Eldar will have not forgotten", he nodded softly and walked away.

The two massive Astartes exited the room together with the Inquisitor from the Ordo Hereticus, finally Serin spoke. "Master.. am I to accompany you?", he nodded softly, "Yes.. I long to see your skill in battle once more.. train my dear.. train", he said, staring down at the golden skull as last Serin left, "..One more adventure..", he grinned and tapped a button on the skull, forming it into a grip, a sword coming free of the cane and crackling with energy, "One more..", he grinned softly.

I like the story but if you could PLEASE insert some periods into various places, it would flow better. Right now your story is one long runon sentence. Where there are two ideas, add a period, or even a semicolon. That would help your story tremendously.

-Skullz

Could you perhaps give me some examples please?

Also, they second chapter.

Chapter 2: Into Invantus.

Lord Maskian smiled softly as he felt the ship came free from the warp, to be one of the Emperor's chosen Inquisitors does offer you a great deal of strength and prestige.

He ran his fingers once more across the golden skull as he so often did, replaying the image of the rogue trader's ship being taken in his mind. He remembered his words, telling the Inquisitor that to go to Ivantus was to walk into the mouth of hell itself, he also plainly remembered the trader's eyes going wide at the sight of the Astartes, suddenly coming into compliance. Such powerful tools in the right hands, he mused to himself.

The old tired legs of the Inquistor Lord moved him to the bridge, he smiled at the sight of Brother Arkos, his second in command as far as commanding the Deathwatch went, his massive arms were curled across his chest. His eyes revealed now as his helmet was resting on a nearby pillar, green they were, he nodded at the old Inquistor as he entered, as much one could ask from the might Astartes. "Mor are we near the planet?", he asked the rogue trader, his eyes flashed to the massive form of the Astartes before turning back to the space-map in front of him. "Yes.. we are. Here is were we came out, here is Invantus IX we'll need two days to get to the planet and even then I cannot be sure to land my craft anywhere", the old man's eyes glinted. "Here are co-ordinates, simply unload our things and we may leave..", he said pointedly before turning around.

"Inquisitor", the man called to Maskian who stopped dead in his tracks, "You might have taken my ship.. but I will not stay in orbit", he nodded softly, "Understood Trader.." and marched away, taking with him the armored giant, who seemed to move as swift as water and as silent as night. "Arkos are your men ready?", the old man asked, looking at the still uncovered face of the Marine. "They live to serve the Emperor's Will", he answered matter of factly. "Off course, without question, but are they ready for the Eldar, have you instructed them?", he nodded. "Yes, they know all I know of their devious ways. Trickery is the home of the Eldar..", the Inquisitor nodded, "and we will drag them into the light", he patted the man's chest-plate before walking away. The Astartes going back to the bridge to stand guard.

As he entered a sparsely decorated room Maskian knew immediately where the sounds of sword dancing was coming from, he approached quicker then his frail body might seem possible too. Pulling free the sword from his cane and maneuvering it into way of Serin, their swords clashing, he smiled softly, only moved wearily back as he saw her eyes, they were in the fury of the drugs she took to heighten her way of seeing things. He shook his head softly at the young woman, still she clung to her lifestyle. The woman's blade suddenly swung out, long arcing blows, designed to work through Maskian's defense but the man had faced tougher opponents then his apprentice and found quickly the flaw in her attack.

He side-stepped looking at her as she came with the action only for him to complete the feint and come forward in a rush, her belly connected firmly to his shoulder and she dropped too her back. Quickly the old man's blade was at her neck, "Release the weapon", he whispered, seeing her eyes go back to their normal color, "Master?", she mouthed softly. The Inquisitor nodded and pulled back, "Refuse the drugs Serin, they are not the way..", the young woman blushed, "They show me things no human can see, they make me stronger, quicker", he shook his head softly, "They make you wild and uncontrollable, against these Eldar we cannot use that", he extended the cane, pulling his apprentice up and leaving her standing. Once more, hobbling away.

Two days past and as agreed they arrived at Ivantus IX, the rogue trader stood in the launch bay of his craft, staring at the gathering of Maskian, Serin and the eight armored giants behind them. As one they filed into a Rhino transport, the door opened to the launch bay and a gust of dust whipped into it. Maskian seemed not-bothered by the whipping winds, even though Mor had his cloak wrapped tightly, "Go now..", he said, screaming to be heard, Maskian smiled and nodded, walking into the armored hull of the Rhino. Soon they were all present. Arkos, Demos and both their Kill-Teams, all were helmeted safe one, the Leran the space wolf sniffed the air, "Eldar..", he said with a hungry grin running his fingers along the hilt of his chainsword.

The Rhino rolled free and moved towards the Hive city, the sand being kicked out from behind, inside Maskian contacted the vox caster supplied, trying to raise the Hive, it was strangely silent. He ran his fingers across the golden skull, "Prepare for the worst", he said as they entered the hive city, they rolled along into the upper hive only to find the Rhino suddenly halted. The servitor's inside seemed dumbstruck at how to go across this obstacle. As the back hatch of the Rhino popped open first exited Maskian. Now dressed in power armor, for the first time his body seemed fully healed and he stood at his full height of six feet. Staring at a mountain of bodies, piled high enough to cast a shade.

Archived