750 pts PH Raven Guard

If you have 19 wins to 2 losses I think you will be able to get anything to work mate :ermm:

In background terms, I think there is no reason that army would be innacurate.

To be honest though, we know little about the Raven Guard from those times, other than the thrashing they received at Istvaan. Presumably their character would be similar to that found in the 41st millenium.

In game terms, 'counts as' armies are pretty common for pre-heresy forces - I use the blood angels list for my world eaters, and have yet to have a single player oppose it on any grounds (as long as it is explained thoroughly beforehand).

I'd always thought the most interesting way to do a Heresy-era Raven Guard army would be to use the 13th Company list, make a Wulfen-heavy list, and have your amy as the Raven Guard post-Istvaan, when they fielded the multitudes of genetic abominations resulting from hot-housing the geneseed, and attempting to increase Marine production rates. Sure, it might not be tourny-legal, but it'd be cool as all hell to do.

Corax should really be stronger than a chapter master with claws, he is a primarch after all. As for the effectiveness, well how competitive are your opponents? That list looks like it could really get flattened by some cheeseball lists like daemon prince/oblits/PM's or something like that, but if you play fairly casual people it should do ok.

Archived