Horus Heresy Battle Royale Week 10: Decius Vs. Fabius

JEFF4i

Solun Decius: Loyalist of the Death Guard. He killed many of his brothers when the Eisenstein took off, showing great combat prowess. So committed to stopping a plague knife's wound he cut off his own arm.

Fabius Bile: Master Apothocary of the Emperor's Children. He doesn't follow any of the Chaos Gods, like his Legion with Slaanesh, rather he follows...science. :D Fabius is terribly clever, and while you might think you have him beat, you'll not notice the dagger in your back.

I pick Decius. He's tough, and it took a Chaos-infected blade quite a while to overcome him, where lesser beings might have fallen quickly. He's also shown his combat prowess, whereas Fabius...is...a nerd, and not cool nerdy like us! :D

Although I do like Fabuis, He didnt have any of the nifty wargear he does now during the Hersey. Decuis woud most likely mop the floor with him, the use his med supplies to clean up the bloody pulp :D

I think Fabius would be too much of a little ;) to cut off his own arm for any reason. The only other people that would do such a thing would be a Khorne Berserker for the final offering. And can I say, I laughed hysterically during that entire scene, just because it was so hardcore?

Decius pomps Bile, not to mention how awesome he was with that powerfist.

Decius wins. Fabius was just a high ranking apothecary so he would not be as adept at combat as a full time combat marine.

Hey, hey dont knock apothecaries! I play as one in DOW 2 and have dropped FCs, Hive Tyrants and even Warbosses (had support from TACs)! :P An average apothecary is just as good as any other average marine in melee.

In this specific fight however Decius wins.

Decious.

I think for the Next one we should do Kor Pheron Vs Luthor. Both were not astartes but augmented humans.

I think for the Next one we should do Kor Pheron Vs Luthor. Both were not astartes but augmented humans.

We can't because Kor Phaeron has already featured in round 2.

Anyway its not to say we won't feature him again, (Wait until the Horus Heresy Battle Royale Round Two) and as a little teaser we will be featuring Luthor in Week Twelve.

We can't because Kor Phaeron has already featured in round 2.

Anyway its not to say we won't feature him again, (Wait until the Horus Heresy Battle Royale Round Two) and as a little teaser we will be featuring Luthor in Week Twelve.

So it's a double elimination or we have subgroups?

Id have to go with Fabius, i love the idea of a crazy apothecary rougish type space marine o.0 and Decius made me angry for giving in and turning himself in to a nurgle spawn, plus he always seemed doubtful..

• 1 month later...
Why is Fabius Bile even here? He is not a fighter at all. I mean the last battle made sense as both of the competitors were not proper Space Marines, but this one makes none. Shouldn't Fabius Bile be put up against another Apothecary or someone simlar?

Why is Fabius Bile even here? He is not a fighter at all. I mean the last battle made sense as both of the competitors were not proper Space Marines, but this one makes none. Shouldn't Fabius Bile be put up against another Apothecary or someone simlar?

Ouch. I agree that this is a bit of a mismatch with Bile not having any kind of proven combat record... but at the same time this weeds em out. At the same time though why not come up with a way in the competition for bile to use his smarts.

Ouch. I agree that this is a bit of a mismatch with Bile not having any kind of proven combat record... but at the same time this weeds em out. At the same time though why not come up with a way in the competition for bile to use his smarts.

The first round or two had scenarios. I think that idea was dropped.

Archived