Chaos Marines for Ransom

Ransom

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k11/buddylangner/CSM/IMGP3609.jpg

So I am starting a CSM army, these are two of my test marines for colour scheme. My brother plays Blood Ravens SM's so I figured Id mess with his head a little... (inverted the BR's colours)

I know there a A LOT of touch ups to do, please note these are 100% WIP and not done yet.

So far I like it, what do you think?

About me: I've done very little painting (a dozen dark elf warrior/crossbows) but I pick things up quick.

I entered a competition a couple of years ago with maybe a month or two of painting under my belt. Didn't place but found out I had several votes for third and even a vote for second!

Haven't painted for about 2 years (oh by the way I have a two year old and a 7 month old see the connection?)

Definitely enjoying getting back into the hobby.

Last thing: Ideas for chapter badges?

More pics here:

Photobucket link!

the marble-looking scheme def. looks better. looks like you need to water your paint down just a little more and use washes whenever possible. good luck!

looks nice but the paint is so thick

*sigh* now this is frustrating to hear.

I have watered my paints down (on a wet pallet even), used multiple thin layers, and many washes.

Where exactly does it look thick? the whole model? certain spots? Where do I need more washes?

thank you for your comments as they can only help me improve...

*Edited for spelling*

Archived