Summoned lesser daemon models

I had an Apoc game last week end and I used tomb kings skeletons for lesser daemons and Bone giants for greater daemons. The fluff was that they were Khorne's favored army and he makes them fight on, or they were cursed by Tzeench like the 1k sons. Would this be ok with you guys, seening as there is no official generic daemon?

Remember, brother, that daemons have no set shape. Or at least not all of them. They can take any form.

Hell, if they're Tzeenchian (is that the right adjective?), then it really doesn't matter.

Generic demons are pretty much anything goes. They don't even have to be on round bases; fleshounds (which clearly are demons, and clearly are not greater demons) only ever come with cavalry bases, for example. You could even use miniatures from other games, if the playing environment allows.

I use GW daemons just to confuse people. "Okay, so daemons came in this turn? Whatcha got, some bloodletters and flamers? They have power weapons and are scary right?' "Na, I'm not using those daemons, just daemons. In fact, they're together in the same unit! These daemons are not the daemons their models are, just plain ol daemons, so Khorne and Tzeentch get along together in one big happy family, even though that's not what they are." "Ah, hmm. What?"

Na, use whatever you want. There are no restrictions whatsoever.

I would have no prob. with skeletons as daemons, that's scarry/evil/chaosy. Hell, in apoc. pretty much anything goes anyway, so who cares, but I wouldn't have a prob. with them being used in 40k.

I use bloodletters, horrors/flamers, and beastmen as daemons (all of 1 kind in a unit though). Mine are even on square bases and I've never had anyone say anything to me about it, even in tournyes.

did they have round bases?

I believe the convention is that models should be used with the bases provided for them :)

To answer the OP, CSM generic daemons seem to be the troop type to go wild with conversions for, and I've seen/heard of many different models used. Just point out at the beginning of the game, and all should be well...

i use bloodletters with the horns shaved down and GS the Khorne symbols smooth, then replace the hands with daemonette claw, GS the join

if needed. it's a bit of work but then there is no confusion about what they are. use what you have, if your opponent is ok with it... and most will be

then it should be no problem.

Grim

• 2 weeks later...
anything's fine, I use khorngors for bloodeletters and pestigors for plaguebearers

That's a good idea. Yea, I like beastmen as daemons, their size and brutishness (did I just creat a new word :D ) represent daemon stats well I think. I jsut use the reg gors b/c mine are undivided daemons.

As others have said, you can use almost any model as daemons, though it'd be best not to use 40k models to avoid confusion.

I use Skinks for lesser daemons and a Carnosaur for a GD. Who could say no to 24 'lesser daemons' for £18?

I am glad to see a general consensus of anything goes for chaos daemon models. At present, I am working on a Dark Mechanicus force using Chaos rules. I am wanting to either use chaosified imperial bitz for slave/robotic servitors or tweak the daemon models themselves, i.e. replace daemonette claws with adept-mech bitz, bloodletters with a more tech-look, etc.

I am only beginning to build a basic chaos marine squad, but I am uncertain on the next daemonic unit or two.

Can anyone let me know which daemon units are most effective for them in battle?

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

I have done the Dryad thing they are great! Also the tons of bits you get with them can be used on so many other projects. Really use anything since GW did not specific what they are make something that fits your theme and go with! If GW is not going to make a fluffy CSM codex then make it fluffy damnit!

Can i use dire wolves from the warhammer fanstany as lesser daemons for my Word Bearers? I love the model but really don`t want too start a new army yet.

-

Sure, like we said , pretty much any model that you think is good.

Archived