WIP old school Rhino

Heh... it won't be *staying* clean... Once I've finished with the insignia and clean metalwork, it'll be weathered heavily. I'll be trying to keep a steampunkish feel to it by using brass for the grab handles and rails and details on the bolters. Should come out nice...

dam brother thats better than some of the new versions and ur painting is so smooth and clean lovin it . Youve got to get hold of 1 of the old landraiders id love to see that

I had 2. Sold em both a long time ago, must try and dig out the photos... As for doing another one, the trouble is getting them unbuilt, rare as rocking horse :cusse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally managed to finish off the chipping on the first Rhino. Should have a few hours this week to work on the second. Then the wash-work begins, before a final dirty down with drybrushed and airbrushed mud and grime... Not sure if I want to bother blending the highlights on the chips or not, tbh, I don't think they'll be that harsh after the filter (grime) coat...

http://www.winterdyne.co.uk/maz/images/da_rhino_wip4.jpg

the paint work is amazing and I myself could do nothing like that (I'm rubbish) but those painted on chipping effects look rather silly to me, looks more like camo than damage and in all respects ruins it. If your gonna chip it actually do it with a knife. Good painting and such but I mark you down on thinking about how sill that looks (if it's chip then it should look lower that the rest of the tanks armour not same). And to be honest I hate the old rhino chassis (both in design and putting together, I destroyed my first vindicator because of it)

beautful paintwork the weathering is very impressive, im in two minds as to whether there is too much weather (:lol:)

but overall very nice, love the mk1 rhino, wish i had kept more of mine when i had them.. only a few left now

Archived