New Forgeworld Goodies!

nlead

Hey,

It may be to early yet but has anyone seen the new Forgeworld models which have been posted at Bell of Lost Souls???

Khorn Blood Slaughterer

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SdkV...ughterer-02.jpg

Khorne Daemon Prince

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SdjE...-h/DSC01244.JPG

Nurgle Daemon Engine

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SdjE...-h/DSC01239.JPG

WIP Reaver

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4nzgPbHlNo4/SdjE...-h/DSC01248.JPG

Theres more pics over at Bell of Lost Souls.

I'm absolutly loving the Khorne Blood Slaughterer but i'm not yet convinced about the Nurgle Deamon Engine, it just doesnt say Nurgle to me.

That Reaver is going to be awesome. A Loooong way to go though.

What do you guys think?

nlead

i like the daemon prince[reminds me of an adrian smith drawing] and reaver is nice enough

hmm i like how they are moving towards daemon engines as innovations from chaos, though the blood slaughterer looks like something from Warmachines cryx.

i wouldn't mind nurgle being a bit more steampunk, but those blight drones don't resonate nurgle to me, too streamlined. kinda looks like someone decided to play with autoCAD for a day

the blood slaughterer looks real cool, daemon prince is so-so to me, really like the idea of daemon engines~seems weird that it would be nurgle though, maybe more tzeentch or EC if it was more phallic (bleh) ~agreed with above about steampunk/nurgle goodness

I'm very happy with the Reaver, I've always thought Chaos needed a meaner version and they have delivered.

The Daemon Prince also looks pretty badass, I could see him as a standin for a few things.

Codex: Daemons Daemon Prince does not need wings to be useful. C:CSM one always need wings. So i disagree with you on this part Drudge Dreadnought.

About minis. I like khorne animal angle [brass scorpion, flesh hounds, now this look like it's inspiration comes from insectoid]. I dont like these nurgle fliers, too strange for my taste. Chaos Titan looks really amazing.

I love pretty much everything FW has to offer up this time around. I've got both of the other Vraks IA books, and I'm looking forward to the new one even more! I heard a rumor there's actually 2 or 3 Chaos lists in it, that'll be sick. I think the Blight Drones are actually really nifty and fill a void of few or no skimmers/fliers for Chaos (with the exception of the Hell Blade and Hell Talon... Dread Claw doesn't count), and they have the Soul Grinder's Mawcannon and options. I'll definitely be picking up some of these. That Khorne Daemon Prince will look killer in my Daemons army, and the Slughterer... well, let's say a bunch of them around my Brass Scorpions going headlong into an enemy's front lines should be terrifying!

The Chaos Reaver? Well... I've been waiting since the Imperial Reaver was released for this day... now all I need is to hit the lotto to pick it up with a couple Warhounds! In all seriousness, if anyone out there was thinking about a Dark Mechanicum army, I think FW has really served up the goods. First the Brass Scorpion, the Warhound, the Hell Blade/Talon, now you've got more daemon engines and from what they say even MORE on the way.

It's definitely a good time to play Chaos :tu:

DP : Awesome model, impressive details... But don´t like the pose and I would rather add wings to him. I´ts also an strictly daemon DP, not a CSM DP.

Blood Slaughterer : Looks kinda cheap. Like a warmachine rip off. Also, it looks like "only half a model" for me. Looking at it, I have the feeling that is like somebody messed up assembling the models and missed de original legs. I looks just like a torso from a bigger model.

Nurgle drones : Looks like Tau went chaosy at last! And the steampunk look kinda suit nurgle stuff in some way, if you depart from the "putrid-slimy-bloated & vomitive" usual nurgle crap to go for a "decayed-toxic-industrial" look.

Perhaps you should have read the desing intentions behind the siege of vraks instead, they have clearly mentioned time and time again that Vraks is khorne and nurgle only.

Slaanesh and Tzeentch will have their own book.

Archived