Horus Heresy Battle Royale: Week 11

Here we go again. Well last weeks winner was clearly Decius in both threads (Hopefully this week there won't be two).

This week we put some more of the less prominent characters in the Horus Heresy series against each other in mortal combat.

This week: Maloghurst Vs. Lysimachus Cestus

Maloghurst: He was a Space Marine of the Sons of Horus Legion. Known as "the Twisted" for the complex workings of his mind, Maloghurst was Horus' chief advisor and public voice, and a shrewd manipulator. He was also a formidable warrior, and was a speculated contender for the First Captaincy (the post held by Ezekyle Abaddon) when Horus made him his equerry.

Lysimachus Cestus: A native of Macragge, Cestus competed at the Temple of Hera to be selected for Space Marine training. He put his success down to his determination and willpower, qualities that would come to define him in his later career. Cestus was able to lead the final assault on the Furious Abyss, when the Wrathful caught up with it in the Macragge system. A desperate boarding action was ultimately successful, principally due to the valour and combat-skills of Cestus, Brynngar and Skraal, who together managed to begin a process that resulted in the ship's self-destruction. Cestus himself was able to kill Zadkiel, the Captain of the Word Bearers ship, although he was mortally wounded in return.

Who will win??

If this is before Maloghurst got his arse kicked to high heaven then, I'd be giving this one to Maloghurst, after, it's to Cestus offcourse.

My reasons for saying this Maloghurst, shrewd tactician, good warrior, doesn't seem like the kind to die willingly.

Then you have Cestus who beats a few guys up, then gets into a real fight with pointy things against a mustache twirling villian and manages to get himself wasted. Yeah way to go :D

Aww c'mon! Aprils fools was last week!!! What a mismatch... Cestus beats down the crooked one, chops him into ittle cubes all the while reciting the Codex.

Cestus died before the creation of the Codex Astartes, :rolleyes:

I still vote for Cestus.

Aww c'mon! Aprils fools was last week!!! What a mismatch... Cestus beats down the crooked one, chops him into ittle cubes all the while reciting the Codex.

Cestus died before the creation of the Codex Astartes, :)

I still vote for Cestus.

Yep, THATS how loyal Ultramarines are! :D They know the book before it is written!

Cestus.

I think ultimately, a guy who's willing to die to fulfill a purpose has a better chance of success than one who's simply sure he'll win.

Plus, getting Horus his pink fuzzy slippers and morning constitutional must dull Mal's combat edge after a few years.

-P

Plus, getting Horus his pink fuzzy slippers and morning constitutional must dull Mal's combat edge after a few years.

Not at all! When those bunny slippers are deamonicly "gifted" then they are quite harder to tame :P Anywho, I vote for Maloghurst has the combat prowess and the shrewd tactician sides to him. It would be a very intersting fight though.

Edit:

Then you have Cestus who beats a few guys up, then gets into a real fight with pointy things against a mustache twirling villian and manages to get himself wasted. Yeah way to go

This made me picture Zadkiel in a tophat twirling a mustace while evily laughing haha. Couldnt stop laughing!

Yep, THATS how loyal Ultramarines are! :lol: They know the book before it is written!

Just one more reason why the smurfs should be destroyed. Mal all the way, he'd just convince Cestus that he's doing the world a favour by being forgotton like the rest of that book :jaw:

Am I being a little over the top and mean - yeah mabye a little :jaw:

Disciple

My vote is for Cestus, Any Ultra that can beet a SW wolf gaurd (especially one thats drunk) gets my vote.

Practicality would make me choose Maloghurst, simply because of the first company thing

Though otherwise I would choose Cestus

mainly because from reading about Maloghurst, he came off more as a twisted man, not a space marine

And I assume his speculated running for the first company was based on his powers of maniluplation/shrewdness, rather than his combat skills

Archived