The Adeptus Mechanicus? Traitors?

Now as everyone knows, the adeptus mechanicus are based mainly on mars, but does anyone pay attention to the necron gods? According to the Necron codex the Void Dragon (one of the C'tan) is somehow stuck on Mars, now this is highly suspicious as The Machine God is also coming from Mars. So are the Adeptus Mechanicus unwittingly traitors? Are they worshiping a Necron God?

My friend (who collects Necrons) pointed this out to me one time we were having a battle and i used "power of the machine spirit" on my land raider.

But what i want to know is, is there any fluff to support/disprove this? (apart from the things in the necron codex)

THe necron deity is asleep and helping humanity sub-conciously. Most sentient programming comes from human-cyborg brains that control things, so that the void dragon doesnt take over. Thus why you see no "drones" in imperial forces. Contained and kept asleep, the sleeping dragon is a mere tool and a worshipped(empowered by being worshipped) star god like all the other C'Tan's. Kept barely alive IMO, and thus in a consistant slumber as a result. The Necrons are capricous and very compedative if not violently solo (they are known to devour eachother at any given chance) so the imperium is actually protecting their star god the Void Dragon.

The emperor already knows of it, and thus concluded them a part of the human race even still. Remember the cult of the machine god is much older then the cult of the emperor, because originally he didnt want to be worshipped. So thus, there is a counter argument, the machines all humans rely on that are bestowed upon them by a god, actually does more good then worshipping a half-dead guy across the galaxy. Who is the heretic again?

Personal opinion. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived