gift of chaos question

in my most recent foray with my new CSM i had the oppertunity to attempt gift on Calgar himself he had an honour squad did as rules stated made test passed (no libby to bother with) and then rolled 6 against T, but other player says because he's eternal can't be affected... I argued it wasnt a matter of wounds he gripped so to shut him up choose marine b which promptly turned and ate him so all in all....

so who is right want to know as will face him again this weekend

you are, its like the old force weapon wording when it used to "reduce the model's wounds to 0" thereby bypassing immunity to instant death, in this case not even a single wound is inflicted so eternal warrior can go to the eye of terror and cry its eyes out to the entities only to be sodomised by slaanesh, torn asunder by khorne, rebuilt as a zombie by nurgle and then be sent into a spherical room and told to find the corner by tzeentch

eternal warrior has nothing to do with GoC, b/c GoC takes away no wounds.

So unless he can show you where eternal some how makes him immune to psy pwrs (it doesn't) he has no leg to stand on. He had no leg to stand on in the last game either, you could say he was being a baby, or you could say he was cheating, either way don't let him get away w/ it again.

But I beat he has a libby standing next to Calgar next time.

Another question; can you pick any model in a unit or those your opponet do that?

For exampel. Can I pick that ork with claw instead of a regular ork in a unit?

The player controling the psyker with GOC can choose which model, will turn into a spawn.

You pick the moidel before measuring the range, if your out of range you make the psychic test but you dont get to turn anything into a spawn. Its the same as shooting and picking stuff out of range as normal.

eternal warrior has nothing to do with GoC, b/c GoC takes away no wounds.

So unless he can show you where eternal some how makes him immune to psy pwrs (it doesn't) he has no leg to stand on. He had no leg to stand on in the last game either, you could say he was being a baby, or you could say he was cheating, either way don't let him get away w/ it again.

But I beat he has a libby standing next to Calgar next time.

Basically whats been said the exception to this should you be playing apocalypse or some sort is Gargantuan creatures that will not be touched by it as stated in their rules. Would be funny if you turned (but you can't :'() someones 1000+ point tyranid monster into a spawn by rolling that ucky 6 :tu:

Archived