needin some help

Thousand Sons backtracking as long as possible gunning down the charging templars. Then, having some berzerkers to wipe them up, and a daemon prince to deal with their champion. They usually lose against the daemon prince.

Any strategy thats similar to that will work too.

Like Mutt sz, shoot-em up as much as possible then have some good hth units ready. They will probably get some charges in b/c most BT players use LRC's, you just have to have some good counterassault units ready (like brzrkrs). If the BT player is good it'll be a close fought thing. Try to deny them assaults.

If they footsloge, take advantage of our more flexible weapons and shoot them while they approach then charge them. If they are land raider based simply have more guys and force them to break your rhinos open to get to you (and hopefully deny them their charge) and then win because you have more guys.

Thousand sons and zerkers are a good choice vs Templars. don't be affraid to have your T sons jump in a rhino and bring the fight to them. Better to rapidfire the BTs than let them keep moving forward.

for me, BT terminators are always the toughest. Best thing I always try for it deep strike a few obliterators right next to his LRC. I have taken down many LR from one solo twin link melta on an obliterator. Other than terminators and the troops always moving forward, the rest is regular marines at that point.

whats a good way to get rid of the templars

can you give more info on the type of army your playing and values of the games? Also what kind of army are you playing? Thousand Sons, Tzeentch, Undivided?

(You have a 1kson pic and Black Legion in your info but you could be playing anything :tu:)

Might also be worth asking black templar players or see if any templar players have ever done a defeating chaos topic and look at what problems and solutions they have :)

Obliterators and zerks are your answer there. Mobile, and remove his vehicles starting with the softest most annoying ones (transports). Bear down on him and keep a fist on a champ or two for that dread.

well it was 1850 game he was runnin 2 rhinos, lrc, razorback, shooty dread, and droppod dread, with emp champ w/ a x10 squad, x10 squad with rerolls an powerfist, an another standert x10 squad

Shoot his transports, get as many footslogging as you can. Use empty rinos to slow his movement even farther. Try to take him apart piecemill, concentrate fire and hth on 1 unit at a time if possible. If you listed everything he has, it is a very small army for 1850, and only 3 TROOPS, I don't know about your army but in mine he would be looking at 5 TROOPS at 1850 plus some serious hvy support.

Taking some of his transports and getting him to attack you in stages is the key to this game. I wouldn't worry bout dropped dread, he might do some damage the turn he comes in, but should be dead your next turn if you have PF and meltas in your army.

Archived