greater...Balrog?

Cpt_Reaper

Soon i plan to get off my rear and make a 3 part Chaos army led by a daemon prince. It will be 1 part Thousand Sons, 1 part Chaos Marines and 1 part Daemons.

In Apoc the Daemons will be used as a Chaos Daemons list but it is the Daemon Prince I am concentrating on. I plan to use the Balrog as a basis for conversion.

What is your opinion on this?

I'm pretty sure you CAN use LoTR bits and figs in 40K tournaments now. Afaik, the LoTR figures were only disallowed from 40k fantasy tournaments because of the terms of GWs LoTR license (something about creating a clear division between the games / not "cross promoting"). From what I gather, that specific clause had a limited term and expired about a year ago, or at least now has more relaxed terms.

Yep you are now allowed to use LotR model in some tournaments (depend the tournament & rules), however you will not be allowed up for best army nor will your models be allow on the GW web site/White Dwarf.

I seen a few people useing the Balrog as a Daemon Prince/Greater Daemon. Though for me personial I preffer the GW Metal Chaos Daemon Prince for 40k, second favrout model (none converted).

IP

Oddly, the miniatures Gallery at GW HQ Lenton has a wyvern conversion based heavily on a Fell Steed. Looks like they don't have too much trouble with the notion of doing the conversions themselves and putting them in pride of place in the gallery.

Archived