Red Glow

Yogi

Three figures were shrouded in the red glow of the converted hab unit. One paced restlessly.

“There’s nothing!”

“No lord.”

Apoc Everkill exhaled a long hateful breath, his desire to kill this incompetent was unbearable. Another breath, Apoc’s tension lessoned slightly.

“Minion, this is not some unimportant resource, if you run out of ammunition, you cut them down, if you run out of fuel, you walk. Both of these have happened to our host, and when it does it only weeds out the weak.”

Apoc looked directly into the eyes of his lieutenant. Dead eyes stared back at him.

“But if I can’t drink and I can’t smoke what’s the point in fighting?”

“There was some spirits found on the dead my Lord; Amsec.”

Apoc ground his teeth. “Amsec, yes.” Again Apoc forced himself to breathe. “Do you know what Amsec is good for?” Apoc didn’t bother to wait for an answer. “Taking up space in a bottle! You might as well ask me to drink Promethium. Would you have me do that?”

Apoc laughed at the thought, his malice evaporating in an instant. “Amsec .. By the Lion. What! No Luther!” It was too much, he was losing it, slipping. He could feel rage building his face started twitching. The dead eyes watching him instantly came alive. He heard the ignition of a power sword, the smell of ozone assaulting his nostrils. Apoc Everkill stood there helpless, frozen in inaction. His helmet, his combat drug dispenser was on a far table. But Apoc could only think..

I’m to die thristy.

The power sword penetrated his stomach, blood crackling as it erupted out his lower back. Apoc Everkill stared down at it like it was a dream. He heard a loud thud, He looked up slowly following the length of the sword. There was no hand on the handle. It hung there suspended in his gut. Not far from him lay the bloody corpse of his lieutenant, behind him the silent menacing form of Xele. An electrified garrotte hung limply in his hands. Apoc everkill frowned.

“You nearly got yourself unemployed. Now be a good man and wrench this out.”

“Arggh!” Apoc was from the great crusade, a true marine able to withstand all sorts of pain but that hurt as much as the Lion’s betrayal. Perhaps a little more, he wasn’t that fussed anymore.

Apoc looked at the marine who had saved his life. Fully clad in loyalist black armour, his mood unknown for he was rarely seen without his helmet. A silent chap who was someone a true sadist looked up to for inspiration. Xele had a reputation for butchery that made him a feared bodyguard. The bastard had even cut out his own tongue at some point, or had he done it? A minor detail.

Apoc looked down at his stomach. The blood was clotting, but he was sure he would need surgery soon or he would die. But more important matters were at hand. He walked out of the hab unit on to the main thoroughfare. Xele followed a t a discreet distance. He approached two Underhand marines mutilating a guardsmen’s corpse. One had carved and interesting design on the stomach, the other was fishing out the eyeballs with his blade. Apoc chose the creative designer.

“You, what your name?”

“Karnak Severe.”

“Arnwak Debeer, no too difficult, you name is now... Toby yes; nice, easy and familiar.”

Toby looked up at Apoc with confusion. Perhaps he was a mistake Apoc thought, too late now, there wasn’t time to waste.

“Mobilise a raiding party, and lead them in to battle. I want wine in my hand in the next 30 minutes. Succeed and you’ll be my lieutenant fail and you’ll be Xele’s new plaything. Causalities are irrelevant Understand Toby?”

“Of course lord, may I assume my predecessor Lieutenant Toby is dead.”

“Of course you corpse worshipping loyalist. Do you know how confusing it would be if he wasn’t?”

Lieutenant Toby bowed summoned his compatriot and ran, like a good minion. Apoc felt like sitting down; did so and re-opened the wound, fresh blood spilling out.

“Bugger.”

He he he :D

Nice character piece there Yogi!

So this would have happened earlier on in the timeline then, as there are no Chaos forces left in the cities of Nestir V at this point.

Good to see there is some inspiration left in this AoD still.

I will look into getting its engines fired up again...

CMG

Heh, is it wine you search for Yogi? I can tell you Capt. Amorphous has some in ample supply on his belt. :) I look forward to our face off when Round 2 takes place. As our previous agreement, winner gets the wine, a nice vintage red one.

Good to see life in the AoD, as mentioned in other posts I'll be very inactive in the next few weeks due to RL and such. But i'll try to churn something out before then.

Our battle awaits Yogi, see you in the Arena.

Cambrius

• 3 weeks later...

Archived