Horus Heresy Battle Royale: Week 12

JEFF4i

Luther: Discovered the Lion. Ended up being the most impressive human on Caliban, yet, was always dwarfed by Johnson, who he mentored, befriended, and fought amongst. He went heretic and made pacts, but in the end, after wounding his friend, wept realizing his flaws and has been locked up in the Rock since then. His prowess is astounding, nearly as impressive as the Lion's.

Lucius: Captain of the 13th Company of the Emperor's Children. Known for his incredible melee prowess even by other Legions. Before the Heresy he's only to have known to lose to one person, Loken, with whom he defeated in a duel at a later date.

Who do I pick? I hate to keep picking Dark Angels, but Luther is just that darn impressive.

i will go with Lucius because this is all supposed to be set prior to the corruption and eventual 'blessing' for the traitors by the Dark Gods.

Lucius was an excelent swordsman but Luther was just a very skilled human. he never became a full astartes :lol:

Same as above, Luther vs Lucius = Unfair fight.

Luther was too old to become a full fledged Astartes, probably why he was sent home to Caliban as well. (Don't hurt me you Dark Angels !)

And Lucius also has the best swordsmanship record of having never been beaten, well besides when Loken did it.

So my vote today goes to Lucius! (the soon to be Eternal after the Heresy :lol:)

Lucius was an awesome swordsman but failed miserably whenever someone used unorthdox tactics: Loken gave him a beatdown and that Iron Hand Termie that snapped his blade and was about to stomp him but hesitated... Luther is very experienced and cunning but would he use such tactics? After all he was a Knight...

Lucius wins.

that Iron Hand Termie that snapped his blade and was about to stomp him but hesitated...

That wasn't Lucius, that was the First Captain, I forget what his name was, but he was the one that was very into art and poetry and whatnot, anyway wasn't Lucius. As for who would win, if we only consider pre-Chaos enhancements then Lucius, if post then Luther.

Luther.

And its not because I play Dark Angels.

The time Luther spent with the Lion would have given him a great sense of tactics, not every beast on Caliban could have been killed by direct force. Sometimes unorthodox methods would have to be used to win the day. Lucius, while a fantastic swordsman, couldn't react well to the unexpected attack, as evidenced by the knuckle sandwich served up by Garviel Loken.

Really I'm saying, if Luther knew he couldn't beat a proper Space Marine by conventional tactics, he would have gone for something unexpected.

Thats why Luther gets my vote.

Lucious, this is an unfair fight,

A better Match up would have been Luther vs Kor Pheron, Both were not astartes but upgraded humans. Somebody do one for them, Its a fit more fair

Luther easily. Lucious was only a legend in his own mind and anyone with any amount of skill and confidence or who was at about this level and wasn't holding back could take him apart.

Luther. I am sorry but Lucius just talked himself up. Sure he was the best sword fighter in the legion but what had the legion encountered? Humans with little skills in CC, Aliens and the like. Nothing on an Astartes level really. The one Astarte we read about him going hand to hand with he lost.

Now does this mean Luther would win in a straight duel? No probably not but when push came to shove I see Luther doing something to defeat Lucius overall.

Luther. I am sorry but Lucius just talked himself up. Sure he was the best sword fighter in the legion but what had the legion encountered? Humans with little skills in CC, Aliens and the like. Nothing on an Astartes level really. The one Astarte we read about him going hand to hand with he lost.

Now does this mean Luther would win in a straight duel? No probably not but when push came to shove I see Luther doing something to defeat Lucius overall.

Which is exactly why I think Lucius will lose. It's not because Luther is necessarily that good, its because Lucius is that stupid. I mean look at out Loken beat him, the dude has his head where the sun don't shine and gets beat because of it.

Archived