How long has the series been around?

Wadey13

I've only recently discovered how long the series has been around for, and Horus Rising was published in April 2006, so thats 3 years now.

What I want to know is, I only just discovered the series In November last year, so howcome it seems to me that series has only really recently become so popular, when I say recently I mean since last year really. But I think my impression is just very coloured, it seems popular to me because I've just discovered it! How could it seem popular to me last year when i didn't even know about it!!

I think the idea of the Horus Heresy has been popular since its introduction in the late 80's with the RT era Realm of Chaos books. When they announced that BL would be publishing books on the Heresy there was instant anticipation and I would imagine excellent sales of the books.

That is not to say that all of the books would have sold as well if they were not bouyed up by being part of a continuing series that people read out of completeness. Would (for instance) the Battle for the Abyss have sold as many copies if it was a stand alone book that had nothing to do with the Heresy?

Back to the point... Perhaps you were just not aware of the hobby / 40K / B&C at the time of the first releases, and so did not notice how popular they were even then?

Yeah that's what i mean! silly me. had a bit of an absence from the forums so when you come back and see there's a Horus Heresy forum that you hadn't noticed before you think it must've become suddenly popular!

Archived